Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Auschwitz medal!

Article about: Lads just a quick question did any of yous ever hear of an auswitch survivors medal? Might buy one to add to the collection but not sure it they are real! Thanks

?

Default Auschwitz medal!

Lads just a quick question did any of yous ever hear of an auswitch survivors medal? Might buy one to add to the collection but not sure it they are real! Thanks

?

Default Re: Auswitch medal!

I'm fairly sure these do exist as a genuine medal but I have no idea if this is a good one or not. As it's not a TR award I will move it to the Polish forum as the guys there may have a better idea on it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Auschwitz medal!

This previous thread may be some use to you: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...z-cross-27173/

Hope this helps
    Tom

Wow, that's a really well-designed award. It has a really striking appearance. I really hope that this is a real and original medal.

?

I have one of these, there are two types, communist era and post communist....I do believe the suspension ring should have a design engraved on it

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Wow, that's a really well-designed award. It has a really striking appearance. I really hope that this is a real and original medal.
    Unfortunately it appears to be a cast copy

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auschwitz medal!  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

For reference the two RP and PRL original awards and an award document to Lucjan s. Jana Piliński
    who was presented with the PRL cross illustrated and the camp patch

Auschwitz medal!

Auschwitz medal!

Auschwitz medal!

Auschwitz medal!

Auschwitz medal!

Auschwitz medal!

Although the Polish communist regime of the PRL recognised former German concentration camp prisoners with medals it did not do so for former Polish prisoners of the Soviet GULAG camps or those "political" prisoners held in former German concentration camps that were reused after WWII by the Polish communists.
    Last edited by StefanM; 03-11-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

i brought this back up any one know were i could buy one and which one is the early ones and which the later

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive by saying this, but whoever would fake an Auschwitz survival medal, to rip people off, must be a pretty sick human being.

?

If there ever was an Award which by its design signalled, what it was awarded for, it must be that one.

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    Maybe I'm being overly sensitive by saying this, but whoever would fake an Auschwitz survival medal, to rip people off, must be a pretty sick human being.
    Its up to the individual of course, but personally I dont see faking this as any less moral than faking any other medal and pushing it on the unsuspecting public.
    Fakers are already as low as it gets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast