Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Auschwitz medal!

Article about: Lads just a quick question did any of yous ever hear of an auswitch survivors medal? Might buy one to add to the collection but not sure it they are real! Thanks

Default Re: Auschwitz medal!

Quote by hawkins View Post
    i brought this back up any one know were i could buy one and which one is the early ones and which the later
    Those issued during the Polish communist era are marked PRL (Polska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa - Peoples Republic of Poland). Medals awarded after 1989 are marked RP (Rzeczpospolita Polska - Republic of Poland). The medal was was established on 14 March 1985 and stopped being issued in May 1999.

Of the later RP issued medals I would chose one that was boxed and with an award document signed by Lech Wałęsa for added historic interest.

The Krzyż Oświęcimski can be found on the usual eBay sites and Allegro in Poland as well. There are many copies for sale so please use the reference photos I posted to compare against....good luck in finding one for you collection
    Last edited by StefanM; 04-03-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Those issued during the Polish communist era are marked PRL (Polska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa - Peoples Republic of Poland). Medals awarded after 1989 are marked RP (Rzeczpospolita Polska - Republic of Poland). The medal was was established on 14 March 1985 and stopped being issued in May 1999.

Of the RP issued medals I would chose one that was boxed and with an award document signed by Lech Wałęsa for added historic interest.

The Krzyż Oświęcimski can be found on the usual eBay sites and Allegro in Poland as well. There are many copies for sale so please use the reference photos I posted to compare against....good luck in finding one for you collection
    thanks great info and help , if any one knows of one or were please let me know . i have been auschwitz and a few other camps my self ,

?

Here ya go mate I think this is the real deal

Quote by Fitzer View Post
    is for sale ?

?

Ye it's in eBay now I was going to buy it but ill let it go if you really want it
    Cheers

Look at this on eBay:

auschwitz survivors cross

http://bit.ly/10wCARe

Quote by Fitzer View Post
    The ribbon looks as though it has been cut with "pinking" scissors which is very unusual to see as all the Polish award ribbons I have are plain cut?? The blue insert in the case is also quite unusual as they are normally red or white. Can't see if the suspension ring is patterned or plain on the front?

Not saying this cross is no good, just a couple of question marks.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2