Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

`Cursed Soldiers` Thread

Article about: by 3mk The broken part of the wing on the eagle was used to show that their members of the NSZ Hi Emil, I think I finally found for my collection one of the eagles you have Do the markings Z

3mk
    ?

Default Re: `Cursed Soldiers` Thread

Hey Stephan,
    If you find them please post them!
    I seen some photos of the Ghetto on the internet,Alot has changed in Izbica since then,When ever I vist I always go to a Ice cream parlor that a family has been running for years.I heard that the Ghetto was liberated by the prisoners them selfs and by the help of the AK,But I cannot confirm this.My Grandma was a medic for the Home Army and worked in a pharmacy in the town of Tarnogora which is right beside Izbica (You could walk to Izbica in 3 minutes).She told me alot of horrifying stories,1 a Jewish lady was being chased by a couple of SS officers,She ran into the pharmacy and yelled to my Grandma,Sister help me!Sadly their was nothing my Grandma could do to save her.

Regards
    Emil

DoomedSoldiers
    ?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    The NSZ were much maligned by the Polish communist regime. IMO it is also a shame that today the Polish far-right are also tarnishing the image of the NSZ by associating NSZ symbology and political aims with their own
    Tragically, the legacy of the NSZ, particularly as it is still portrayed in the West is one of outright lies and obfuscations. I don’t believe there is any more "polite" way to state it. In a truly masterful and hideous way the “witnesses” were eliminated and the “victors” re-wrote the “history.” Unfortunately, it is this very much skewed version of the NSZ “history” that is repeated time and time again without much regard for the facts. Thank you for pointing this out!

All the best,

Robert
    Last edited by DoomedSoldiers; 03-24-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Minor edit

3mk
    ?

Robert!
    Welcome to the website, I hope to see you post often.

Your Doomed Soldiers website is amazing

DoomedSoldiers
    ?

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Robert!
    Welcome to the website, I hope to see you post often.

Your Doomed Soldiers website is amazing
    Thank you for your kind comments! It is an all volunteer project, and as much as I wish to, I could never claim that it is mine. We are always looking for volunteer translators. There is a mountain of fascinating stories that awaits translation ... Any takers?

Best Wishes,

Robert

In Memoriam+

Witold Pilecki was executed 62 years ago yesterday in Warsaw—he was the personification of a hero that loved his country above all else.

Witold Pilecki
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

jassey
    ?

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Heres a picture of my 2 Ryngrafs,The broken part of the wing on the eagle was used to show that their members of the NSZ,As sometimes ambushes were laid out by people saying their part of the NSZ when there was no way to prove it,Sadly I dont have that part of the wing
    what was the purpose of the first medal ,,,was that just a religious medal worn during that time ????? and by whom was it worn ,,,,,,would you respone to me at jassey62 ,,,,aol

Cursed Soldiers Memorial Day on the 1st March.

Here is a "odpis od oryginalu" or verified copy of the original. It is from Polish Workers Party, before it became PZPR located in town of Zywiec, southern Poland in 1947. Loosely translated it verifies that "tow" komrade Jozef Golabek was taken during a party on 12/8/1946 in Lodygowice at 1 am by "bandy lesne NSZ" or" NSZ bandits". Just translating, bandits they most certainly were not. His body was found in the woods around village of Bierna, 3 kilometers from the party at 7 am next morning.
    They further reinerate that he was a loyal party member from the beginning and he started a party cell in village of Lodygowice, that from the beginnings of being liberated by the Red Army worked with a lot of sacrifice for Poland and even when he gotten beaten by bandits on 30 May 1946 did not get scared and continued his way and died as a hero? for democratic Poland.
    The word- hero "bohater" is misspelled in the original, a common occurence in communist writings for the lower level minions were not educated well, just enough. The Party secretar Smulski admits that Jozef Golabek was warned and beaten once and still did not stop giving NSZ no choice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture `Cursed Soldiers` Thread  

Another document, this one is an after action cry for help from "Posterunek Milicji etc.." - or milicja headqurters in Igolomia, southern Poland. It is addressed to Milicja (Police) commandant in town of Miechow. Dated 12/11/1946 says that on that day about 7pm the PPR party secretar Wypchal Antoni was shot and killed. That the "bandits" are the same that had shot up the Milicja commandant Jan Pokrzyk in Igolomia. there were three guys who had caught the night guard and terrorized him with a gun and made him take them to the apartment where the secretar Wypchal lived and then they shot the secretary. The letter is signed by second in command of Milicja in Igolomia "posterunkowy" Maslanka who also asks that they would send him more people because the vicinity of Igolomia is dangerous.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture `Cursed Soldiers` Thread  

Interesting documents... thanks for sharing.

Anita J. Prazmowska's 2004 book Civil War in Poland, 1942-1948 is an excellent study of the Polish anti-communist resistance movement and the ensuing civil war in post-WWII Poland.

Also recommeded is the extremely comprehensive and richly illustrated Atlas polskiego podziemia niepodległościowego 1944–1956 (Atlas of the independence of the Polish underground 1944-1956) edited by Rafal Wnuk published by IPN, 2007. Although the latter is 95% Polish, the lengthy front matter essays which describe the the post-war conflict in Poland have been translated into English.
    Attached Images Attached Images `Cursed Soldiers` Thread 
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast