Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

`Cursed Soldiers` Thread

Article about: by 3mk The broken part of the wing on the eagle was used to show that their members of the NSZ Hi Emil, I think I finally found for my collection one of the eagles you have Do the markings Z

Default Re: `Cursed Soldiers` Thread

Quote by 3mk View Post
    The broken part of the wing on the eagle was used to show that their members of the NSZ
    Hi Emil,

I think I finally found for my collection one of the eagles you have

Do the markings Z.U.P. 3156 correspond with any markings on the reverse of your eagle?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture `Cursed Soldiers` Thread   `Cursed Soldiers` Thread  

`Cursed Soldiers` Thread  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Here is a picture of a sergeant of French Foreign Legion, 2nd REP. (2nd Foreign Parachute Regiment dated 1948, just couple of months after 2nd REP was formed in Algeria. Photo is dedicated in polish: "Souvenir from Para Sergeant Maksimilian Kubiak 25th November 1948" 2nd REP went to Indochina 1949, fought with distinction, jumped into Dien Bien Phu in 1955.
    Some NSZ and AK soldiers had joined French Foreign Legion right after the end of WW2.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture `Cursed Soldiers` Thread   `Cursed Soldiers` Thread  

This is a legitymacja AK that says that "Podkowa" (Horseshoe) is a member of OP AK Heynal. Most members were under influences of NOW/NSZ. Wojciech Lis nom de guerre "Msciciel" was the most famous member of it, after the germans retreated he becomes a member of local Militia (Milicja) and the NKVD try to get him to point out AK personnel to be arrested, he does not cooperate, gets arrested himself by NKVD escapes by breaking door down in arrest in town of Mielec, then later the local Milicja tries to arrest him, yet he escapes again and goes to the forrest and becomes a partisan once again under NSZ. In middle of 1946 the group becomes part of WIN under Major Cichociemny Hieronim Dekutowski "Zapora" later murdered by communist.

Interesting history and document

I bought a great book from the IPN while ago all about Partyzancki Oddział Wojciecha Lisa. Its well worth a buy, lists most of the soldiers involved and most of what was up to aswell as books and documents:

http://ipn.gov.pl/portal/pl/229/1172..._19411948.html

Here are some pictures of a AK newspapers. The papers were called: "Soldiers weekly" They were put out for AK units around and in Tomaszow Lubelski.
    First issue was printed starting 20 February 1944 and they were printed until the end of german occupation. There were 19 issues put out, mimeographed, up to 300 individual papers per issue. Number 1-8 were put out at a farm Lykoszyn, numbers 9-15 at home of forester Olgierd Pozerski in Susc, 16-19 in a forest cabin by Rybnica. The main editor was Stanislaw Swierzawski ps "Motor"
    These papers were found in Janow Lubelski in 2003 under a roof of a country house where they survived for close to 60 years. Each issue had 2 double printed pages.

`Cursed Soldiers` Thread   `Cursed Soldiers` Thread  

It would be great to see some higher resolution scans to be able to read a couple of issues

Its amazing to think what Militaria is still buried or hidden out there, would love to get some metal detecting done out there when go, but time and money is a big barrier.

Here we go: issue number 4

Issue number 19 (last number printed).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast