Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Polish posters from Occupied Territories.

Article about: Looking through stuff in my basement I found these. I had them since at least 1995, I wish I had the ones I sold to Manions back in 1990's. It is a large poster. First one is a poster from t

Default German Polish posters from Occupied Territories.

Looking through stuff in my basement I found these. I had them since at least 1995, I wish I had the ones I sold to Manions back in 1990's. It is a large poster.
    First one is a poster from town of Radom, General Government. Signed by Karl Lasch, governor of Radom District.
    It sets official buying/selling prices for food, and services. Prices of services for transport, communication, restaurants and hotels are to remain same as of 1 September 1939.
    In certain cases when the prices of materials went up, and one could prove it, one could raise the price by no more than 40%.
    Also interesting the price difference between Towns of Kielce, Piotrkow, Czestochowa.

Last paragraph says that violators will be punished, in certain cases by Death. For gauging prices will all will be held responsible: buyer, seller, purchaser and provider.
    Dated 26 January 1940.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Polish posters from Occupied Territories.   German Polish posters from Occupied Territories.  

German Polish posters from Occupied Territories.  

Nice I have some also from Ukraine I will post them here if that's ok with you ?

Kradman, for certain reasons I would prefer German-Polish only in this thread. Thanks.

Here is one from 26 April 1940. Krakow. Signed by Max Korner, SS Brigadefuhrer.

It says : " That people would have eggs , especially in winter months sugar will be only given to people (farmers) who bring in certain amount of eggs. It sets official prices of eggs. This poster is mainly for Farmers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Polish posters from Occupied Territories.  

Here is a picture of Otto Skorzenny decorating Max Korner.

Picture taken from internet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Polish posters from Occupied Territories.  

Funny you should mention Manions, I just bought a lot of 85 auction catalogs from the 90s and they are all from Manions... I think I actually saw this poster in one of the catalogs

?

Interesting history

Here is one I think from 1941 and it has to do with registration of Bulls and Boars. It is for District Radom, County Busko. It says once a year farmers have to bring in the Bulls and Boars to get them registered. If animals are found to be not licensed, animals will be destroyed. It threatens prison time for not following the order. Signed by County manager Dr Schafer.
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 04-18-2016 at 02:46 AM. Reason: member request to rotate image

There was no ukraine as a nation until 1990s - the posters you have are either from occupied eastern Poland or occupied western USSR (republic of ukraine) albeit they are in ukrainian language to reach the ethnic group living in occupied Polish/Russian territories.