Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Home Army pictures!

Article about: Sorry Emil, but need to disagree with you. I haven't heard about any specific signs of respect to Warsaw Uprising soldiers from German side. Slaughtering and mass executions of insurgents we

Default Re: Home Army pictures!

Quote by Justin View Post
    ...Can anyone give me a Book recommendation that's in English that trys to Covers the Uprising. As the only English book I've spoted apears out of print...
    There are several. My personal favorite: “The Secret Army” by General Tadeusz Bor-Komorowski

Battery Press. The Polish Home Army was Europe's largest, and most active, resistance force during World War Two. A personal account by General Bor-Komorowski commander of the Polish Home Army. The Commander recounts the operations of the Polish Underground Army during the bitter fighting during the August 1944 Warsaw Uprising.

A truly awesome book written a great Polish hero!

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Home Army pictures! 

Have you seen that book? I have scanned first and last page. Do you know if that book has any copy rights? If not I can scan it and post it is only 24 pages, 12 scans.
    Mariusz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Army pictures!   Home Army pictures!  

Home Army pictures!  

Justin,
    you may try to get Norman Davies book Rising 44:
    Amazon.com: Rising '44: The Battle for Warsaw (9780670032846): Norman Davies: Books
    Should be no problem as it has been published not that long ago.
    Rgds
    Al

Quote by dorava View Post
    various
    Hi dorava, good to see you picked up on my AK battlegroup 'GURT' collection of original 'Rising 1944 photographs from: Poland at War 1939 - 1945

I have more which I have not gotten around to scanning... one day.... one day

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    attached below is a picture taken in 1946.
    It is a view of the former Warsaw Ghetto area that was demolished by the Germans after the Ghetto Uprising 1943. After the uprising Hitler ordered that the Ghetto should be eradicated, and all except the Catholic church at the centre of the Ghetto was destroyed. Here is another view of the same church amongst the Ghetto ruins:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Army pictures!  

A couple of AK photos

The first two are of an AK unit from the Warsaw Rising 1944. Not sure exactly which unit but the caption says it was taken on ul. Żelazna (near Pańska) so could be zgrp. "GURT" , or "ChorbryII" who operated in this district?

The third is of two soldiers in AK 74pp. (Okręg Radom-Kielce)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Army pictures!   Home Army pictures!  

3mk
    ?

Nice Photos!

More Warsaw Uprising pictures,
    M

Home Army pictures!  

Home Army pictures!  

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast