Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Home Army pictures!

Article about: Sorry Emil, but need to disagree with you. I haven't heard about any specific signs of respect to Warsaw Uprising soldiers from German side. Slaughtering and mass executions of insurgents we

Default Re: Home Army pictures!

Again, my core points are that the legal government of Poland was betrayed as it was kicked to the curb in favour of the Lublin Poles, and that the exile government (and it’s predecessor) were less the architects of their destiny but more the hapless bystanders as events unfolded in the powder keg that was Europe of the early XXth Century.

Were they blameless in all matters of diplomacy – no. With the benefit of hindsight we can see how some matters could have been handled better in those desperate times. And we can easily go in circles as all the many issues are explored and debated back and forth (such as the long term plans of the parachute brigade to return to Poland).

All of this is indeed is a deep and most fascinating topic very worthy of continued discussion, although perhaps best outside a forum such as this which is dedicated to collecting. So let’s agree to disagree and move on.

Regards,
    Tony

Agreed

More Warsaw Uprising pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Army pictures!   Home Army pictures!  

Home Army pictures!  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Army pictures!   Home Army pictures!  

Home Army pictures!  

(1,2,3) AK 27pp Czestochowa
    (4) (1) Warsaw Rising.

Home Army pictures!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Home Army pictures! 

Two more AK 27pp (Czestochowa Inspectorate) photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Army pictures!  

3mk
    ?

A few more

Attached Images Attached Images Home Army pictures!  Home Army pictures!  Home Army pictures! 

Home Army POWs receiving bread ration from Germans following the collapse of the Warsaw Rising 1944 and surrender of the city—unidentified camp.

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

3mk
    ?

Nice photos!Im always looking for Home Army photos but I never see them up for sale!

The guy beside the guy in the black greatcoat looks very interesting,It looks as if his tunic was a Home-Army made one imitading the wz.36 tunic.

Its nice to see that the Germans had respect for the Poles in the uprising, Sending them to POW camps rather then salughtering them all or sending them to Concentration camps.

Regards
    Emil

Ozarow or Lamsdorf I quess...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast