Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Josef Glodkowski

Article about: I am searching for any info on a Josef Glodkowski from the Polish squadron 300 who was based at RAF Ingham and became a W/O before the end of WW2. Any help is much appreciated.

Summer
    ?

Default Josef Glodkowski

I am searching for any info on a Josef Glodkowski from the Polish squadron 300 who was based at RAF Ingham and became a W/O before the end of WW2.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Default Re: Josef Glodkowski

Hi Summer,

With Reference to Chorazy (Warrant Officer) Jozef Glodkowski;

On the 24th August 5 Wellington Bombers from 300 Sqdn (RAF Ingham) and 8 Wellingtons from 301 Sqdn took off on a raid on Frankfurt (Germany), one of the Wellington bombers BH-W (Z1488) failed to return from that mission, on board where:

Sergeant Boleslaw Koscien, Flying Officer Mieczyslaw Daab, Sergeant Jozef Glodkowski, Sergeant Mieczyslaw Gadek and Sergeant Wlodzimierz Krzyzanowski, all the crew survided the crash and where made Prisioners of War.

The above information came from Jerzy (George) Cynk's books "The Polish Air Force at War The Official History.

The only other information that I was able to find was the marriage of a Jozef Glodkowski to a Betty M Cheadle in Leicester in 1947, would I be right in thinking that it is the same man.

If I find anything else I will post it.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Summer
    ?

Default Re: Josef Glodkowski

Thank you so much for your reply. I do already have a reference of a J Glodkowski as a POW matching that same time so I think that is the same but he is listed as Josef not Jozef. Can the name be spelt both ways for the same person? Any other info would be appreciated. I am wanting to know any further info especially for after the end of the war if possible.