Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A.K. Documents

Article about: HI, This rare Warsaw Rising A.K. identity document was issued to a Mariie Zawadzki on 24 August 1944. The document is signed by the commander of underground radio station 'ANNA' , a Dr. Kazi

Default A.K. Documents

HI,

This rare Warsaw Rising A.K. identity document was issued to a Mariie Zawadzki on 24 August 1944. The document is signed by the commander of underground radio station 'ANNA' , a Dr. Kazimierz Ostrowski (1907-1999) p.s. "Olesza" who was a lawyer from Krakow. The clandestine radio "ANNA" operated from 2 August until the capitulation and was based at ul. Marszalkowska No. 62.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.K. Documents  

Default Re: A.K. Documents

That's a very nice classic pink Uprising'44 ID.
    What is actually interesting about it is that it is pink as KG AK (AK HQ) used green ID's.
    My grandpa was also in BiP during the whole war and also Uprising as an editor of Regiment Baszta newsletter.
    Rgds
    Al

3mk
    ?

This is my first time seeing an original I just seen some on period pictures.Very nice rare item,your collection always amazes me

Quote by mr dogtag View Post
    That's a very nice classic pink Uprising'44 ID.
    What is actually interesting about it is that it is pink as KG AK (AK HQ) used green ID's.
    My grandpa was also in BiP during the whole war and also Uprising as an editor of Regiment Baszta newsletter.
    Rgds
    Al
    I have no expertise on this so have no answer re green cards. Do you have any suggestions as to why this was a pink card rather than green? Could it have to with an issue date when green was introduced?

I am always amazed at just how many different news sheets were printed by underground presses during the Rising. It seems every AK unit, district and political faction printed its own news sheets despite the intense fighting and German shelling and bombing! Do you have examples in your collection? I have a few political newsletters.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    This is my first time seeing an original I just seen some on period pictures.Very nice rare item,your collection always amazes me
    I have been accidentally 'not' collecting for over 10 years

This is a 20zl banknote I have from the Rising that is marked with an overstamp by AK Zgrup. IV "GURT". I think this was done as a propaganda exercise to show the Germans and Varsovians that the AK were active? But I don't really know that much about these types of bank notes other than I have seen others with various AK overstamps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.K. Documents   A.K. Documents  

A.K. Documents

A rare 1944 Warsaw District identity card issued to corporal Wacław Piekarski dated 24.VII.1944; signed by Colonel Stanislaw Spirydion Koiszewski ps. "Topór or Axe" NSZ-AK District No. 1 Warszawa-Miasto — after fighting began Col. Koiszewski became the commander of all forces of the National Armed Forces in the uprising. Stamped with the emblem of the "KOMENDA OKRĘGU A.K. m.st.W-wy" on the front and signed on the back and stamped with Eagle and "ARMY NATIONAL KOM.OKR .... NSZ "

These rarely come on the market especially those from NSZ units. Recently sold for 560 PLN (110 GBP — 175 USD approx) a very fair price IMHO.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Very nice and indeed rare one. Have you bought it? Very fair price.
    Rgds
    Al

Quote by mr dogtag View Post
    Very nice and indeed rare one. Have you bought it? Very fair price.
    Rgds
    Al
    I wish! I was underbidder... just 10 PLN.
    Last edited by StefanM; 08-24-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    I wish! I was underbidder... just 10 PLN.
    I know the feeling, only too well. Sorry that one slipped away. Chin up - there's always something new and exciting just around the next corner

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Everyone,

I found this the other day surfing the Net, which I thought I would share with you.

A.K. Documents

german ID Card for Jerzy Korabski aka General Tadeusz Bor Komorowski

Best wishes

Andrzej