Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

“Little Insurgents: Warsaw 1944” board game

Article about: I came across this Polish board game: Mali Powstańcy: Warszawa 1944 “Little Insurgents: Warsaw 1944” is a game about Polish scouts delivering orders during the Warsaw Rising in Poland i

Default “Little Insurgents: Warsaw 1944” board game

I came across this Polish board game: Mali Powstańcy: Warszawa 1944

“Little Insurgents: Warsaw 1944” is a game about Polish scouts delivering orders during the Warsaw Rising in Poland in 1944, when the people of Warsaw rose against the Nazis occupying their city. Young boys worked as a couriers delivering letters and orders between squads of rebels, running through the underground sewage canals of Warsaw. Many of them died on that duty. In “Little Insurgents” each player takes command of a unit of three Scouts with the goal of delivering the most orders on time. The scouts from different units are racing against each other to be first, but they also have to co-operate. If the order is not delivered on time crucial parts of the city, or even whole districts can be lost to the occupiers. If too many orders fall into hands of the enemy all players lose. The game comes with two variants of rules: basic and extended, with basic being easier and involving more random elements. It is suitable for young players and families. The extended variant, dedicated to adults and gamers, involves special actions, more planning and secret goals. The game will be published by Egmont Polska in the autumn of 2009 with rules in three languages: Polish, English and German. The game was developed in cooperation with Polish Scout Association (ZHP) and the Warsaw Rising Museum. Link zur deutschsprachigen Vorstellung des Spiels: Gry planszowe na Spiellust.net | Brettspiele auf Spiellust.net

Love the artwork
    Last edited by StefanM; 01-28-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I see your post was made this year (2014) but the game was due to be published in 2009. Do you have a copy or know if it was indeed manufactured for sale?

Out of curiosity - any gamer reviews?

What a great idea!...