Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Armia Krajowa (AK or Home Army) caps

Article about: Hi all, I am new to this forum and am pleased to have found a forum with Polish militaria collectors. I have three Polish AK caps in my small collection of WWIi militaria. The first was disc

Default Polish Armia Krajowa (AK or Home Army) caps

Hi all, I am new to this forum and am pleased to have found a forum with Polish militaria collectors.

I have three Polish AK caps in my small collection of WWIi militaria.

The first was discovered about eight years ago now in a cellar in Srodmiescie district of Warsaw. I believe it is an adapted German railway man's hat? Maybe some with more knowledge can confirm this for me? This would certainly fit the location where it was found—just near Warsaw's central railway station. The Polish eagle badge is crudely stamped from tin. I also believe this cap was used by a member of AK battlegroup 'GURT' which fought around the central station area during the 'Rising 1944.

The light coloured AK cap is from member of 'Barbara' group and the third stitched with 'Kot' (Cat) I think again is an adapted German cap of some type? It may have been used by a anti-communist resistance group within WiN organisation in the early post war period but I am not sure?

I collect mainly photographs of Poland WWII, especially of occupied Warsaw and I probably have about 3,000 or so in my collection but am always looking for more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Armia Krajowa (AK or Home Army) caps   Polish Armia Krajowa (AK or Home Army) caps  

Polish Armia Krajowa (AK or Home Army) caps  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish Armia Krajowa (AK or Home Army) caps

Hey 4thskorpion,I belive we met on ``Polish Forums`` Im Polskamann
    But I dont go on that forum anymore but anyways great collection!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey 4thskorpion,I belive we met on ``Polish Forums`` Im Polskamann
    But I dont go on that forum anymore but anyways great collection!
    Hi, I believe you are right I just got bored with that particular group, so am pleased to find this more interesting collectors forum

3mk
    ?

Its nice to have you
    Please scan a couple of your 3000 photos if you ever have the time

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Its nice to have you
    Please scan a couple of your 3000 photos if you ever have the time
    A small selection can already be found on my gallery website:

www.PolandWW2.com

Four A.K. produced Eagle cap badges
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Armia Krajowa (AK or Home Army) caps   Polish Armia Krajowa (AK or Home Army) caps  

3mk
    ?

Very Cool
    My Grandfather was telling me that they produced Polish badges for Soldiers which evaded capture or for people who werent in the Army when the Germans invaded,But when they couldnt make those they even sewed on Polish buttons to the front of there furazerki!

3mk
    ?

Does this look like a Home Army made piece?
    or ??

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:B:BOC:US:1123