MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Polish liberation badge , info sought ...

Article about: Hi , Annoyed from this ads?   can anyone advise on this badge , if post war copy, if awarded why ?? or is it just a membership badge...thanks steve

Default Polish liberation badge , info sought ...

Hi ,
    can anyone advise on this badge , if post war copy, if awarded why ?? or is it just a membership badge...thanks steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish liberation  badge , info sought ...   Polish liberation  badge , info sought ...  

Hi Steve

I think I can offer a little information it is a Kotwica badge, a symbol of the Armii Krajowej (Polish underground/resistance) it's basically a 'P' and 'W' blended together to stand for Polska Walcząca (Poland fights). Thats as much as I can tell you other than I have one also that belonged to my father, if anyone has any better information I would be interested also

Regards
    Jan

Polish liberation  badge , info sought ...

Official name of the badge is ODZNAKA PAMIATKOWA ARMII KRAJOWEJ - Home Army Commemorative Badge.
    Steven, your badge is described as unverified/unknown regarding its authencity.
    I mean Marek Ney-Krwawicz who wrote a monography of this badge.
    Can you show back of the badge without a nut?
    Greetings
    Rafal

Hello Rafal , sorry for the late reply !! photos added of the rear of the numbered version I have ,minus spinner and one other that has the home army symbol bolted though the rear , thank you Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish liberation  badge , info sought ...   Polish liberation  badge , info sought ...  

Polish liberation  badge , info sought ...