Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Resistance armband

Article about: Hi all, Does anyone have any opinions on this armband? I've looked at other examples, and while the material and condition seem reasonable for this (although an armband is easy to fake &

Default Polish Resistance armband

Hi all,

Does anyone have any opinions on this armband? I've looked at other examples, and while the material and condition seem reasonable for this (although an armband is easy to fake & age), I am not sure about the printing.

Does it look a bit too clear & sharp for how & when these were originally made? I would love to have an original in my collection.

Would greatly appreciate some opinions
    Polish Resistance armbandPolish Resistance armbandPolish Resistance armbandPolish Resistance armbandPolish Resistance armbandPolish Resistance armband
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Resistance armband  

Have you seen the examples in the Museum in Warsaw?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Warsaw Uprising Museum
    ul. Grzybowska 79, Warsaw 00-844 , Poland
    Polish Resistance armband

Hi Adrian,

Aside from what I found on the web, no I haven't. I've been meaning to go up there, it's only 2 hours by train, but just never found the time. Maybe this will be a good kick in the pants to do so!

You must go! They have a wall of original armbands. There are many which differ in construction and ink stamps.

The serial numbers are known and can be attributed to the original owner.

I went there with the Army in 2013 and 2014. I may be there again this year with them. I only have a couple of pics of two of the famous ones.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Resistance armband   Polish Resistance armband  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If I do the trip to the Wolfsschanze again this year, then I'll give myself a few days in Warsaw. Funnily enough, I've been through there a number of times, but never for more than a few hours.

You can take a virtual tour right now Wirtualne Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego
    Some Home Army arm bands are presented in the Museum of the Polish Army as well: Muzeum Wojska Polskiego w Warszawie
    And finally, an incredible story of two german backpacks found in the forest north-east of Warsaw few years ago - although they were unearthed on the German-Soviet battlefield, it tourned out that backpacks were hidden by Polish resistance fighters shortly after the uprising finished in Praga district, right side of the Vistula river.
    Potrzebuje informacji o tej powsta
    Odnaleziona powsta
    Enjoy, if you know Polish...