Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz

Article about: i was just joking about cleaning it.

Dear Itakdalej,

Please may I enquire if you acquired any photographs when you purchased Rotmistrz Medwicz's collection from his widow. The reason being, that my Father attended Grudziadz Cavalry School before WWII as did Rotmistrz Medwicz and I am trying to find a photograph of my Father at this time. I hope that you might know the whereabouts of Rotmistrz Medwicz's photographic collection.

Regards

Hi Karen, and welcome to the forum,

I am aware that member Itakdalej is away on vacation and may not be able to reply immediately. Please be patient for his reply.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,

Thank you so very much for your kind reply. It is much appreciated.

Regards,
    Karen

PM sent

Here is a scan from a book " Polskie Sily Zbrojne na Zachodzie 1939-1947 " by Benedykt Wojciechowski and Z. Sawicki.

I had this book for a long time, and just last night I noticed the Legitymacja issued to Rtm Medwicz.

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Superb!

It always seems strange to me that the German insignia was not removed from the captured uniforms right away.

Cheers, Ade.
    SD = Sicherheitsdienst (Gestapo). Very interesting uniform in Polish hands and the story behind it...

Here is a picture from Rtm Medwicz collection :

" By the front gate to Garrison of the 1st Regiment of Horse Rifles, Garwolin.
    From left : Mjr Jozef Mularczyk, father of Andrzej Mularczyk, one of the best post War Polish writers, credited with book : Katyn Post Mortem, book was used for the movie "Katyn" by Andrzej Wajda.
    General Dr Boleslaw Wieniawa Dlugoszowski, one of the most colorful people of the 2nd RP, cavalryman like no other. Polish President for one day.
    Major Remigiusz Grocholski, at one time in charge of the "Wachlarz " (Fan).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz  

Another picture of Rtm Medwicz collection. Warsaw, 1927- Horse competition : Jumping the obstacle is Rtm Henryk Dobrzanski, 2nd Lighthorse Rgt Rokitna, on the left wearing a long coat is Rtm Krolikiewicz, one of the best Polish Pre-war Horse riders.
    Rtm Dobrzanski later known as Major Hubal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz  

Another picture of Rtm Medwicz I just got from Poland.

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz

Rtm Medwicz later in the 80's. He is looking at General Piasecki rogatywka.

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast