Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Searching for my hero relatives

Article about: Hi, my name is Kasha, and I am new here. I came on, because I have 3 relatives who all fought in the Polish Underground during the Warsaw Uprising. My mother was Maria Przytula aka Maryna or

?

Thanks everyone, for all the info. Isn't it strange though that except for Barbara's death, nothing more is on her. Nothing on her husband anything. This is quite the mystery. I have checked the census, birth and death records, and I keep hitting a wall. Haven't tried electoral records yet though. Would that have info on her family? I might ask Stuart Greer, who writes for the Maccesfield Express to lok into that. He has agreed to take on the story, and write a piece on it. I sent him pics of my mom, and am hoping my sister will send him more stuff. The more info, the better the chances.
    Thank you everyone anyway for all your tips and moral support. It means a lot.
    Fondly,
    Kasha

?

So, we just heard that my aunt Barbara had no kids. How very very sad. I was hoping there would be someone. Nothing seems to be found on her husband either. I wonder how long their marriage lasted? The other thing we just found out is that apparently my mom, her sister, and most probably her dad as well, did connect up after the war. But, then something happened, and the sisters split for good, as well as my grandad. I have feeling my mom did not want to give up her new identity, despite even if it meant she would give up her family too. How very utterly sad. I so would have loved to have known my Mother's family. In fact, I would imagine all sorts of things as a child. I don't think the story is over though. I think there is more to be had. My mother must have been the ultimate spy, cause she sure knew how to keep a secret, and to her grave as well!!!!

?

Unfortunately not. I tried that, death records, marriage records etc, and nothing came up.

?

Thanks a bunch. What book was this you are referring to where you say Vol35, pg 730? There must be somewhere an obit or a death notice or something.

I hope that you eventually do find out the information you are seeking.

Have you tried finding out if there was a local branch of the Polish Ex-Combatants Association in Maccelsfield many emigre Poles belonged to the association which acted along the lines of the British Legion. The SPK includes AK veterans.

Ex-Combatants Association in Great Britain 1946-2003 | Stowarzyszenie Polskich Kombatantów w Wielkiej Brytanii

The main SPK office is at POSK in London.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hello Kasha,

If reply to your question Barbara Ludmila Grosicka death was recorded in the Register of Deaths at Macclesfield Registrar's Office in Volume 35, her individual death entry appears on Page: 730.

If you require a copy you would need to write to the Registrar for Macclesfield with Barbara's details, requesting a copy of her death certificate for which there would be a charge plus postage.

I hope that this helps, at least you have Barbara's date of Birth and Date of Registration of her death.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Yes, I found that site last night, and sent the info to my sister. That will give us something. I also just sent an email to the SPK in London. I am hoping they might be able to direct me to the right group. Let's hope we find answers soon.

?

So, the church that I contacted in Maccesfield directed me over to Crewe and Manchester. There is apparently a very well established Polish community there. She thinks my aunt may have lived in one of those two places. I have sent emails to both Polish churches, inquiring if she may have attended. Does anyone know about either of those places??? Have not heard from anyone else.

Crewe SPK is branch no. 479 and Manchester is Branch No. 181 ”General Sosnkowski” addresses & contacts should be available from SPK at:

Stowarzyszenie Polskich Kombatantów
    w Wielkiej Brytanii

240 King Street,
    Hammersmith W6 0RF,
    London, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 20 8741 1911
    Fax: +44 (0) 20 8748 4558

Ps. do you know what circumstances led to your mother being awarded the VM?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

that phone number does not work. I already tried it several times. sent the London office an email, but no has responded yet. no. I wish I did know.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast