Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

In Soviet hands then in German rule...?

Article about: Hi, The individual with this passport (issued in 1932) seems to have been under Soviet rule, first in 1939, and then managed to find himself under German rule in 1941, as marked in the passp

Default In Soviet hands then in German rule...?

Hi,

The individual with this passport (issued in 1932) seems to have been under Soviet rule, first in 1939, and then managed to find himself under German rule in 1941, as marked in the passport pages, please see images.

How can this be the case?
    Any ideas?

Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture In Soviet hands then in German rule...?   In Soviet hands then in German rule...?  

In Soviet hands then in German rule...?  

The russian stamp is from Lwow, where this officer registered with russian authorities on 10/2/1939 as they were required to register. Looks like he was a doctor and maybe that saved him from being sent to a POW camp. Later he is registered in Krakow with the authorities as of 4/9 1941. Most likely he got lucky and either escaped, or bribed someone from Lwow that was under russian authorities to Krakow that was under german control.

Thanks.
    Does it say in the Russian writing that he is an officer? in the Polish army?

He had to register after the fall of Lwow and if my memory is correct only Polish Officers had to register..... there is Polish writing with the date and it says "registered"
    In german it says that he is registered as a Polish Officer.

Hi Everyone,

If it is Doctor Jozef Halacz, date of birth: 9-8-1887, then indeed he was an officer, Rocznik Oficerski Rezerw 1934 has his details as follows:

Pages: 215 & 763:

Page 763: Kadra Zapasowa 5 Szpitala, Okregowego, Oficerowie Rezerwy, Korpus Oficerow, Grupa Lekarzy, Kapitanowie, Halacz Jozef dr. (9-8-1887) Pku: Latowice.

Page 215: Kapitanowie, (Captain) seniority entry Nr 302, date 1 Czerwca 1919, Seniority from 1st June 1919 Nr: 302.

I hope that this helps

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 11-03-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Hi Huddyhuddy,

I have also checked the Rocznik Oficerski (Officers Yearbooks) for both 1923 & 1924, I thought that he might just be in the 1923 but I also found him in 1924.

1923 Pages: 1171, 1225. Halacz Jozef Kpt Dr. VIII Baon Sanitarny, but has a Reserve Nr: 684 in seniority.

1924 Pages: 1064, 1104. Halacz Jozef Kpt Dr. still listed with the VIII Baon Sanitarny but now Nr 513 with Seniority.

Hope that this also helps.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Well done Andrzejku.

Thanks! That is grt information you all!