Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State

Article about: by dastier PPsh 41 in use during the Warsaw Uprising. Where would AK battle group "GURT" have sourced these Russian weapons? During the Rising or earlier from Russian partisan grou

Default Re: Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State

Heroes!

Stig Erik

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    Right... so how did the "Free Poland" come about in 1989 ???????

The post-War resistance was a very much of a threat to the communist " Government, that is why they had kept many of the CC and former fighters in prison, some of them until early 1970's. Mnay of them had to report monthly to UB, than later SB.
    The communist were very afraid of the former fighters, even in 1981 many were interned.

Henryk Pajak had a great quote in his book : "Jastrzab kontra UB" He said: " Bez ofiary zycia kilku tysiecy takich jak oni, powojenna historia Polski bylaby jakze bardziej zawstydzajaca....."
    Attachment 389884
    "Without the life sacrifice of few thousand as them, post war Polish history would have been so much more shameful...."
    Events of 1989 are a result of the entire history of Poland from 1939 to 1989 including all people involved in the struggle.
    PRL kept taps on all enemies of the state and arrested anybody being against it. The post-war events and terror of the PRL and Soviet Union along with struggle for free Poland by all were the driving force behind the round table of 1989.
    I would not simplify that post-war underground was the only deciding factor in the collapse of the regime. The geopolitical situation in 1980s also affected the outcome as well.
    Last edited by meyle77; 08-30-2012 at 12:18 AM.

3mk
    ?

Guys, lets not stray off topic!

Heroes indeed they were, and in my opinion their actions were not made in vain.

More examples of insignia's made by the resistance. Collar tabs in pre-war style, note the mini Ryngraf. And a patch. Both are Anti-Communist soldiers. The photos were taken in 1948.

3mk
    ?

Medium sized Ryngrafs and bigger sized ones were also worn

3mk
    ?

Ryngrafs were popular during the 2nd RP. They were often given out during special occasions such as Communions, Confirmations, Weddings and Promotions.. Occasionally you can find one with an inscription to a promoted soldier. They often have a the icon of the Virgin Mary with Jesus, Patriotic icons such as eagles and slogans, or both. They were often worn by Polish underground soldiers especially Cursed Soldiers. One from my collection, the bottom reads ''Krolowo Korony Polskiej Błogosław Twojemu Ludowi''. I acquired this from a Widow who's husband was a member of the AK. I was told the wing tip was broken off and given to a courier, and he would present it when delivering the message to prove he was delivering the real information, the Resistance had to be cautious because of moles traitors and collaborators.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    an embroidered NSZ patch.
    Two more to add to your collection

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Album containing photos of cichociemny Jan Piwnik "Ponury" (1912–1944)and Kedyw unit "Ponury-Nurt" of AK (Home Army) Radom-Kielce region
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State   Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State  

Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State   Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State  

Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State   Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State  

More pics of the Lubelskie BCh, Krasnystaw to be exact that i found at M³odzie¿owy Dom Kultury nr 2 w Lublinie :: Lublin,Lubelszczyzna,Eugeniusz Kwiatkowski,Roztocze,Debiuty

Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State
    Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State

3mk
    ?

Hi Stephan,

Thank for posting those patches! Do you know if they were made for every soldier in the unit or just for officers/nco's? That's an amazing photo album, was the owner also a Cichociemny?

Cenowski, thank you for posting these photos, I haven't seen them before. The owner of the Ryngraf in my last post was from Krasnystaw.

Here are some photos of a AK made tunic that was up for sale a few years ago, very well made!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Do you know if they were made for every soldier in the unit or just for officers/nco's?
    The NSZ eagle all ranks. The "salamander/lizard" is post-war guards.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    That's an amazing photo album, was the owner also a Cichociemny?
    Not sure who put it together but you are right it is a great photograph album... of post war reprints. I believe most are from the gen. Stefan "starba" Baluk archive and he was definitely one of the "Unseen and Silent"

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Here are some photos of a AK made tunic that was up for sale a few years ago, very well made!
    I remember this uniform jacket. Did you purchase this jacket for your collection?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast