Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State

Article about: by dastier PPsh 41 in use during the Warsaw Uprising. Where would AK battle group "GURT" have sourced these Russian weapons? During the Rising or earlier from Russian partisan grou

Default Re: Uniforms and Insignia of the Polish Underground State

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Hi Emil, I hope you enjoy these few scans of the several hundred Home Army units photographs I have managed to collect over the years

Below: BCh partisan group "Piotra" with British Sten submachine-guns

Attachment 393623
    Thats a nice pic of some of the unit of Piotr Pawlina there. Is there any info as to the names of the Partyzanci in that photo on the back? Ive seen it on net somewhere before when i did some picture searches. Have you got anymore BCh pics in your collection?

Quote by Cenowski View Post
    Thats a nice pic of some of the unit of Piotr Pawlina there. Is there any info as to the names of the Partyzanci in that photo on the back? Ive seen it on net somewhere before when i did some picture searches. Have you got anymore BCh pics in your collection?
    Will report back with any caption info I find. I think this is the only one for sure.

.... no further caption information I'm afraid.
    Last edited by StefanM; 09-20-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Cenowski, do you know where Dr. Marek Ney-Krwawicz might be available? I also found a reference to this book: The Polish Underground Army, the Western Allies, and the Failure of Strategic Unity in World War II by Michael Alfred Peszke whose father was the exile government's Chief of Air Force Planning.

A question of clarification: from time to time I come across pics of Warsaw Uprising combatants. Should I post here or would these be better posted in one of the Warsaw Uprising threads? This is a very active thread whereas the others seem more dormant.

I think this thread should become a 'sticky.'

Quote by dastier View Post
    Cenowski, do you know where Dr. Marek Ney-Krwawicz might be available?
    My advice would be to contact him via PUSMT-SPP in London.

I also found a reference to this book: The Polish Underground Army, the Western Allies, and the Failure of Strategic Unity in World War II by Michael Alfred Peszke whose father was the exile government's Chief of Air Force Planning.
    Although I personally would disagree with some of Peszke's conclusions his is an excellent and very well researched book. Dr. Marek Ney-Krwawicz's book was intended as a brief overview of the subject rather than an in-depth work.

A question of clarification: from time to time I come across pics of Warsaw Uprising combatants. Should I post here or would these be better posted in one of the Warsaw Uprising threads? This is a very active thread whereas the others seem more dormant.

I think this thread should become a 'sticky.'
    My take would be if the combatants display unique features ie, arms, insignia, etc then I think this Uniforms and Insignia thread would be the ideal otherwise photos of insurgents "generally" would be part of the Warsaw Rising threads. Threads only become more active if members post to update them

Dastier i would say post them here, this seems to becoming a good multi resistance thread. I will see if i can add some good illustrations as well of Polish Resistance fighters from various groups.

More detailed images of another AK cap I have from 1 Batalion "Barbara" 16pp AK Tarnów.

Below: Evidence of stitch holes showing that cap once had an eagle attached.

Below: Showing simple construction

Last edited by StefanM; 09-19-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Default Warsaw Uprising photo dilemma

A question of clarification: from time to time I come across pics of Warsaw Uprising combatants. Should I post here or would these be better posted in one of the Warsaw Uprising threads? This is a very active thread whereas the others seem more dormant.'
    Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    My take would be if the combatants display unique features ie, arms, insignia, etc then I think this Uniforms and Insignia thread would be the ideal otherwise photos of insurgents "generally" would be part of the Warsaw Rising threads. Threads only become more active if members post to update them
    Quote by Cenowski View Post
    Dastier i would say post them here, this seems to becoming a good multi resistance thread. I will see if i can add some good illustrations as well of Polish Resistance fighters from various groups.
    There is merit to both suggestions. This thread is very informative - I never realized that the Home Army had such specific and official uniforms and badges. I had somehow expected them to be dressed more as civilians.

However I can see how the uprising photos could have difficulty fitting in as they would be more photos of the actual uprising or prior and post activities. There may be uniform details but that's not where the focus would be.

I'm also concerned that the uprising photos would get 'lost in the shuffle' so to speak. I have yet to figure out how to search a thread for phrases. Best I have found is to go to a hybrid view and hope that when members post, they change the title from the thread title to a post title. That at least gives you an idea of what is in the thread.

Hi Emil,
    Another "Cursed Soldier" ryngraf

Reverse detail:

Last edited by StefanM; 09-21-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Cap from the Warsaw Rising that I have posted previously but more detailed views:

Last edited by StefanM; 09-21-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Hardly worn..... Any provenance?

- - Updated - -

Have You tried the blacklight on it ? Or did you check the threads to see if they are synthetic?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast