Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown PL Armband ??

Article about: Looking for some assistance in identifying this Polish armband. Thank you.

Default Unknown PL Armband ??

Looking for some assistance in identifying this Polish armband.
    Thank you.

Unknown PL Armband ??

I know absolutely NOTHING about Polish militaria. But with the amount of movies i've seen.. I think that's a Polish resistance armband. Probably not.

That’s right, underground resistance armband. These with the bullion eagle are modern production for veterans.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony. From late 1990s? Or earlier/later? I have some from the 1980s and they just have printed eagle - no bullion. So my guess (!) is late 1990s - early 2000s.
    In any case cjmpaintings, those kinds of armbands were used by veterans on official occations in Poland during the last years of PRL (maybe a bit earlier too) as well as during the current 3rd Rep.
    Armbands from WW2 are basically non-existant. Imagine running around in Warsaw with an armband while 5.000 SS soldiers are watching.
    I think (my very personal opinion) that armbands surfaced just before the "liberation" by the Soviets. The concept of armbands didn't exist from 1939-1944 - but that's my opinion.
    Regards
    Aahauge

These date from sometime 1990’s up to the present.

Re the use of armbands, their use was of course common in pre-war Poland with paramilitary organizations, the LOPP being but one that wore them in 1939 during the invasion.

The red/white armband was definitely worn during the Uprising by Polish Home Army. The Home Army was a branch of the Polish Armed Forces and according to the laws of war identified as a combatant through the use of this armband, and in many cases also displayed on helmets, especially German ones. Uniform identification would grant them the common protection of the Geneva Convention in case of capture, although initially the Germans refused this and many captured Poles were summarily executed. Only at the end of the Uprising did the Germans grudgingly recognize the Poles as legitimate soldiers.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne