Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"

Article about: Hi all. Recently I managed to get to the grave of partisan Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz" from "Barabasz" squad. Grave is located in the woods near the road

?

Default Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"

Hi all.

Recently I managed to get to the grave of partisan Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz" from "Barabasz" squad.
    Grave is located in the woods near the road Radomice-Marzysz.
    Geoportal

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"   Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"  

Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"  

?

Default Re: Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"

Today, together with members of the my association - "Beldonek", we refreshed the grave.
    Here are photos:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"   Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"  

Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"   Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"  

Paul, thank you for your post, and for your work maintaining this grave.

For the benefit of those members unable to read Polish, here’s a brief translation of the text summarizing the events that led to Władysław Piechnik’s death:

At about 1700 hours an observer stationed on a hill called out “Germans coming”. Five were riding on bikes, spaced out at wide intervals. Cautious. As the first German neared our group “Andrzej” (code name) yelled out in Polish “Off your bikes, hands up!” One of the Germans reached for his rifle. Our machine gun rattled. Bullets sprayed from the rifles.

Three Germans remained in their places. Two, under fire, ran. Not all of the bullets, even those fired from close range were hitting the mark. Those two were lucky. They ran without getting into the fight. “Filipowicz” (Piechnik) on the machine gun started to run across the field probably intending at getting a better position. One of the escaping Germans tossed a grenade in his direction, exploding just about under his feet. He fell with his belly torn open.

The gunfire carried on for a quite a while. The German gendarme who threw the grenade was killed. “Jurand” suffered a hand injury. We acquired three rifles, one pistol, a pair of grenades, kit and bikes. Heavily injured “Filipowicz” was placed on a wagon. He died while on route. His comrades buried him on the edge of the nearest forest.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you Tony for the translation of the text.
    We plan further work on this grave.
    Info and photos as soon as possible.

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.

You're most welcome Paul. Please do keep us posted with your progress, and thank you again.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Hi all.

In view of the upcoming holidays, today grave was cleaned and restored.
    Scans from the book Jerzy "Halny" Kotliński "Wybranieccy" w lasach cisowskich.
    And photos of the forester's house ruins of which are mentioned in the book.

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.

Well done, nice work!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Ade, well done Paul
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Super job Paul I will make it a point to visit this gravesite when in Poland next September. As it happens, my relatives live very near by in the towns of Bilcza and Brzeziny just outside Kielce.

Regards,
    Tony

?

From today, but history goes on, more info soon...

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Władysław Piechnik ps "Filipowicz"