Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1 Korpus Formation Badge

Article about: Gentlemen What do you think of this? Will it make a nice addition to my 1 Korpus display? All the best James

Default 1 Korpus Formation Badge

Gentlemen

What do you think of this? Will it make a nice addition to my 1 Korpus display?

All the best

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1 Korpus Formation Badge   1 Korpus Formation Badge  

Default Re: 1 Korpus Formation Badge

Here is an almost identical example on ebay. Link provided by the ever helpful Tony Z. If you look closely the Polish shield, top left, almost looks like it has been machine made separately and then applied. Anyway the construction methods on both seem very similar. One aged and one not.
    What do you think?

polish 1st corps | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images 1 Korpus Formation Badge 

Hi James, here are the promised pics of genuine examples of this rarely seen cloth insignia, one that sold two or three years ago, and an image taken from the book "Symbole wojskowe Polskich Sił Zbrojnych na Zachodzie 1939-1946 (Jerzy Murgrabia).

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1 Korpus Formation Badge   1 Korpus Formation Badge  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Many thanks Tony - perfect illustration of the difference between a good one and a bad one. I didn't realise that they were so rare

You're most welcome James. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Here's another copy on the market, this one a little bit more faithful to the original.

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images 1 Korpus Formation Badge 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi Tony

Not the bearer of bad news at all. A great learning experience. I notice the eagle on the one you just posted doesn't have a crown - a bit of a give away but I'm sure some will be fooled.

Thanks for all of your help

James

Another one that I think may be nearer the real thing than most others seen out there. Are we getting warm?
    Attached Images Attached Images 1 Korpus Formation Badge  1 Korpus Formation Badge 

Hi James, yes that one certainly looks much closer to the example I posted earlier, which was claimed to be a genuine example.

Cheers,
    Tony