Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

13th Lynx Battalion hat badge

Article about: Gentlemen Here is the Lynx hat badge for the 13 Baonu Strzelcow "Rysiow". The backing I'm sure is modern but what about the Lynx? Thans for your comments Annoyed from this ads? &nb

Default 13th Lynx Battalion hat badge

Gentlemen

Here is the Lynx hat badge for the 13 Baonu Strzelcow "Rysiow". The backing I'm sure is modern but what about the Lynx?
    Thans for your comments

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 13th Lynx Battalion hat badge   13th Lynx Battalion hat badge  

It's a tough call with some of these. The example you pictured has a threaded post very reminiscent of a Lorioli product, who along with the Picchiani & Barlacchi operation were the primary suppliers of a badges to the Poles stationed in Italy in the immediate postwar years. Considering the relatively small size of the 13th Rifles Battalion one would not expect many variants of period issued badges. I can't really give you an opinion on this example and can only offer that the following version is the type I am most comfortable with:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I am led to believe that this example is a " modern " veterans badge somewhat akin to the ZPS badge " et ilk ". unfortunately I am unable to have the badge in hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images 13th Lynx Battalion hat badge  13th Lynx Battalion hat badge 

PZ, yes, it appears to be a copy, for veterans or otherwise. The extra support at the base of the threaded post is something I've seen with some Bialkiewicz products.

To spice things up, here's another example of the 13th Battalion badge. It's the only such example that I have ever encountered. A genuine variant ??

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

PZ, yes, it appears to be a copy, for veterans or otherwise. The extra reinforcing at the base of the threaded post is something I've seen with some Bialkiewicz products.

To spice things up, here's another example of the 13th Battalion badge. It's the only such example that I have ever encountered. Note the use of the same spinner type as with the badge in post #2. A variant from the same maker - ??

Regards,
    Tony

Indeed it is. under a magnifying glass, on the reverse of the badge the 800 silver content stamp and manufacturers stamp can be seen in the open mouth / tongue area below the threaded stud. unfortunately my Box Brownie does not have a sufficient megapixel count to enable to see the detail. the other two battalions are of a similar hollow back construction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 13th Lynx Battalion hat badge   13th Lynx Battalion hat badge  

13th Lynx Battalion hat badge   13th Lynx Battalion hat badge  

Hello gentlemen

Thanks very much for sharing such good pictures of both variants. I like the hollow back particularly

Regards

James

PZ, thank you for providing solid evidence that the hollow back version of the badge is genuine. One more mystery solved

Regards,
    Tony

I first came across this feline in Guido Rosignoli's " The Allied Forces in Italy 1943-1945 " and thought " that is some distinction " and hoped that some day in the future I would be able to acquire an example. normal scenario, right place, right time. we can only speculate as to the reason behind the manufacture of two types. trouble is , the ear tufts are vulnerable to damage on the thin , hollow back version. Open another tin of Whiskas, Meow !
    Attached Images Attached Images 13th Lynx Battalion hat badge  13th Lynx Battalion hat badge