Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?

Article about: Dear fellow collectors, I am rather new to the supremely interesting field of beautiful Polish Republic and Polish Armed Forces in the West cap eagles, so I hope you will forgive me should t

?

Default 1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?

Dear fellow collectors, I am rather new to the supremely interesting field of beautiful Polish Republic and Polish Armed Forces in the West cap eagles, so I hope you will forgive me should this question sound uninteresting or obvious.

Am I right in assuming that this is a 1919 design Polish cap eagle, with the crown cut off (presumably by early post-war Polish communist forces?

1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?

Cheers!

GC

?

Yes, you are right . It is the pre-war eagle, with cutting crown.

Never pleasant seeing irreparably damaged militaria, nor the memories of an oppressive occupation. But it remains a testament to history.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you dear Tomek for your identification and thank you dear A.J. Zawadzki for your further comment. I indeed very much agree, history has often painful and sad ways to remind us of dark periods, but that history remains nonetheless something worth studying and understanding - hence my interest for this piece and for the sad story it tells.

Quote by caiogc View Post
    . . . but that history remains nonetheless something worth studying and understanding - hence my interest for this piece and for the sad story it tells.
    Well stated

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Good morning gentlemen, may I please refer once more of your knowledge in regards to two further eagles?

One seems to be yet another 1919 design one (with a missing crown? - or is this a modern reproduction).
    1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?

Another is a smaller eagle I have not much to say about. Is this a post-1989 piece? Please do accept my apologies for asking these terrible "beginner's questions", but I am just that, a beginner when it comes to beautiful crowned eagles.
    1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?

Cheers,

GC

Hi GC, no need to apologize for your questions.

The first eagle appears very much to be a modern copy. I cannot say if the crown was removed or if it was made this way.

The second eagle is indeed post-1989. This is an air force eagle that has had the Hussar wings removed for some reason. Here is what this one used to look like:

1919 design emasculated Polish cap eagle?

Regards,
    Tony