Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1st Polish Armoured Division - THE BLACK DEVILS MARCH

Article about: THE BLACK DEVILS MARCH Hello Everyone We would like to present our WWII mannequin with his equipment. We would like to show you soldier from Polish Forces on the West (Polskie Siły Zbro

Great research project, thank you for sharing it with all of us.
    I'm putting together an impression of a 10Dragoon trooper and your informations are great help.
    May I ask where did you find the battledress patches? I would like to acquire some for myself.

?

I'm glad that you liked our presentation. Unfortunately patches are copies. I found the original battledress 1st Polish Armoured Division with black left shoulder strap, but the patches were lost. If you are looking for a copy of patches, I can help you, because in Poland sometimes you can buy it. The originals are now very difficult to find.

?

Breda November 15, 2013

The People and Authorities of Breda remember the Polish soldiers fighting for the freedom of the Netherlands. Photos of Polish military cemetery in Breda November 15, 2013
    Many thanks to Etienne from Breda to make these photos

Hello Dabi,

It’s heartwarming to see that this cemetery remains very well maintained by the fine people of Breda and that the ultimate sacrifice paid by these brave men almost seven decades ago has not been forgotten.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

outstanding work,well done.

amazing - love all the field gear.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DR7r12LzFf...Maczek-WW2.jpg

?

I was there the 27th of Oktober. Here you can find some more pics 69ste herdenking van de bevrijding van Breda

?

I was there, October 27, because of 69th anniversary of the liberation of Breda. Here you can find some more pictures 69ste herdenking van de bevrijding van Breda
    (I'm the 5th from the right in the first picture )

?

October 27, 2013
    69th anniversary
    of the liberation of Breda

spirit 5th from the right

foto: J. Wołosz

27 października 2013
    69 rocznica wyzwolenia Bredy
    Last edited by Dabi26; 11-22-2013 at 05:34 PM.

?

Default 1st Polish Armoured Division - THE BLACK DEVILS MARCH

Platoon commander Stanislaw J. Markiewicz – new photos
    Stanis

We managed to find new photos, that we would like to show.

August 1939, Poland, Upper Silesia, Dyrekcyjna Street in Katowice.
    Stanisław Markiewicz, employee of the insurance company in Katowice, doesn’t yet know that soon his life will dramatically change and he will have to go on a journey – like 6 millions other Polish – a dramatic journey towards death.
    It is stll calm, although a secret mobilization is going on. People went for holiday, weather in August 1939 is beautifull. However, 10 km from Katowice, behind polish borders, In Germany, Wehrmacht troops prepare themselves to march in.
    From Katowice to Germany, to city Beuthen / Bytom you can come in 15 minutes with the tram. In several minutes you can also reach German city Gleiwitz / Gliwice, where works a division of SS-Sturmbannführer’s Alfred Helmut Naujocks, which prepares a sabotage action. On 31 August, with the signal Großmutter gestorben the attack of „polish soldiers” on radio station in Gliwice begins; it will will later serve Hitler as a pretext to isolate Poland on the international arena and stop England and France from helping Poland.

POLAND 1939

August 1939. Stanisław Markiewicz, employee of the insurance company, together with a friend on the Dyrekcyjna Street in Katowice and the same street in August 2014, 75 years later.

10 km from Katowice, polish bunker on the former polish-german border

30 km from Katowice, radio station in Gliwice

HOLLAND 1944/45

Tank destroyer M10 Achilles of the platoon commander Stanisław Markiewicz taken from the Mark river. Next to him other destroyed vehicles of Sherman and Universal Carrier. November 1944 (?)

1945 (?) Parish Cemetery at Bavel, the Netherland, temporary cementary for a soldiers of 1st Polish Armoured Division and the grave of Stanisław Markiewicz.
    Last edited by Dabi26; 08-10-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast