Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1st Polish Armoured Division - THE BLACK DEVILS MARCH

Article about: THE BLACK DEVILS MARCH Hello Everyone We would like to present our WWII mannequin with his equipment. We would like to show you soldier from Polish Forces on the West (Polskie Siły Zbro

Thanks you Dabi for this post. I will be near Katowice in four weeks and will make it a point to visit the Gliwice Broadcasting Station. I did not know the building still existed. The before and after photo of Dworcowa Street is also interesting. It appears that this street and the visible buildings in your photo have remained largely unchanged since 1939.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Tony
    Yes, this area of Katowice ( Dworcowa, Dyrekcyjna, Mariacka streets) little changed since WW2. The radio station in Gliwice is a very interesting museum and well worth a visit the place.

» Radio Station Gliwice Muzeum w Gliwicach

best regards

Thanks again Dabi. I am still in the process of assembling the museum itinerary for my trip and am seeking out recommendations for the “must-see” museums in Poland, especially those with special emphasis on the Polish 2nd Republic / Exile Armed Forces.

So as not to veer this thread too much off course, here are some “Black Devil’s March” items located in a museum somewhere in the Silesian area of Poland. I would very much like to find out where this museum is located.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

The museum is in Tarnowskie Gory it is a private museum

?

Your photos come from the private museum:
    Muzeum Instytutu Tarnogórskiego w Tarnowskich Górach

Metropolia Silesia

With museums, which have a largest collection of Polish Army in the years 1918-1939, of course, the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw

Muzeum Wojska Polskiego w Warszawie

and Muzeum Ziemi Sochaczewskiej i Pola Bitwy nad Bzurą

Muzeum Ziemi Sochaczewskiej i Pola Bitwy nad Bzur

Thanks guys . The topic of museums, monuments and historic sites is worthy of a dedicated thread.

It appears that to arrange a viewing at this private museum one needs to simply phone. I'll definitely need to look into this.

Dabi, thanks also for the links to the two other museums. Both are already on my list. I’ll be visiting the MWP in Warsaw on September 1st, coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the German attack on Poland. Hopefully there will be some special events held in the city to commemorate this date.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Hi Tony
    If you're in Upper Silesia is to see collections of the Silesian Museum in Katowice:

War Industry in Silesia in the 19thand 20th century

War Industry in Silesia in the 19thand 20th century .:Silesian Museum :.

It is also worth to see objects Fortified Area Silesia

Obszar Warowny "

Fortyfikacja.pl

Obszar Warowny

Piekary

http://dariusz79.bikestats.pl/104500...wny-Slask.html

Dabi, thank you very much for taking the time and effort. Some interesting links there. I see that the Silesian Museum in Katowice is another private museum that requires a call to set up viewing. I'll add this to my list for a visit, time permitting. And hopefully my route will pass nearby some of these fortifications. I did not realize that so many survived.

Many thanks again,
    Tony

Hello Tony,
    Maybe you will also visit Wroclaw?
    We have here militaria museum - Arsenal:

www.en.muzeum.miejskie.wroclaw.pl

They have nice collection of wepons (rifles, pistols, swords, sabres, etc) and helmets (Kijak's collection).

It would be also a good opportunity to meet each other, have a coffee or beer, see nice items, etc
    :-)

And Wroclaw is beautiful town worth visiting.

Greetings
    Rafal

good job!^-^

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast