Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

2 Polish Para berets

Article about: Hi guys, Two of my para berets...one is still dated 1943 and has the manufacturers name. The other one has the same lining but the date etc... has vanished. A few letters are still visible b

Default Re: 2 Polish Para berets

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi guys, Here's mine. It's the Sudolf beret that some of you have seen before when in possesion of former owner. The number looks like "858" but I can't quite make out the letter at the top, but maybe a ā€œZā€ -??. I might need to try water misting it. Unfortunately all other marks faded out, so no idea as to maker.

Regards,
    T.
    Beautiful item, Mr. Moderator!!!

pwitham
    ?

Hi there, I am a new member and trying ti improve my knowledge of airborne troops in WW11.
    Was the only makre during the war of the polish para beret Gelfer?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

?

Hello Paul, and welcome ....

Beret's ..
    Well, there are two patterns of the Polish Airborne Beret, and at present the manufacturer of the earlier pattern one piece is not clear.
    As for the 2nd pattern, ... it seems that all known original items were produced by Gelfer of Glasgow.

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by pwitham View Post
    Hi there, I am a new member and trying ti improve my knowledge of airborne troops in WW11.
    Was the only makre during the war of the polish para beret Gelfer?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

pwitham
    ?

Thanks Gary,
    Must also prompt myself to do a spell check when I post a message, must have been something in my tea!!
    I have seen a beret previously with British Beret Basque Ltd in poster grey with polish badge, however thought they had just made black, maroon and beige berets.
    Where does the confusion between the polish and raf beret come from?

Paul

?

Paul,
    I think you will find the confusion with RAF berets comes from people trying to pass off either re-dyed or deliberately faded examples as "Polish" simply because of the price the Polish para berets fetch !

Regards

Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2