Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Warsaw Armoured Division battle dress blouse

Article about: Hello guys, I would like to know your opinion about battledress I have recently managed to buy. Two things interesting me the most but I will be grateful for any information. Why there is no

Default 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division battle dress blouse

Hello guys,

I would like to know your opinion about battledress I have recently managed to buy. Two things interesting me the most but I will be grateful for any information. Why there is no Poland patches on the shoulders and why British ribbons are positioned above Polish?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division battle dress blouse   2nd Warsaw Armoured Division battle dress blouse  

2nd Warsaw Armoured Division battle dress blouse   2nd Warsaw Armoured Division battle dress blouse  

2nd Warsaw Armoured Division battle dress blouse   2nd Warsaw Armoured Division battle dress blouse  

Hello and welcome to the forum. As always, a hands-on inspection is best, but from the photos it appears that you have a genuine BD blouse. It’s good to see the open tailored collar and shoulder pads, a couple of the popular modifications favoured by the Poles. Insignia is all correct. Is there and 8th Army shield on the right sleeve?

As to the absence of the shoulder titles, it's not common, but not unknown. My collection contains a named original uniform grouping with provenance also missing the titles. As all indications point to this being an immediate-post war tailored “best” tunic, regulations were not always rigidly observed.

As far as the ribbon bar, you’ll find that this consists of two separate parts, often with a celluloid plastic backing through with the threaded mounting studs pass. Somehow one bar has been placed above the other when it should be the other way around.

Perhaps the placing of the British awards above the Polish, and the absence of the Poland shoulder titles hints at something in the veteran’s disposition at the time - ??

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony for warm welcome and quick response. I am glad that everything looks genuine for you as well. It was questionable at the time when I was buying it through internet due to limited amount of photos. Unfortunately I know nothing about this veteran but I have sent query to the seller. I am still waiting for response. I will post it in here when find out anything.

There in no 8th Army shield on the right sleeve. I am currently away from home but will have a closer look later if there are any signs of removal of this patches and also at other side of ribbon bar.

I know there was not many but what about foreign soldiers in Polish 2nd corps and 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division . I am not sure but I believe not many received MCC and other Polish awards.

Regards

Marek