Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 DSK 1st Battalion

Article about: as a postscript , if of any interest , consigned to pocket. pretty ropey tree badge, celluloid ?

Default 3 DSK 1st Battalion

when someone changes their direction in collecting, another someone can benefit. thus a new acquisition : an appealing US War Aid BD top. artistic license invoked with the addition of 3 DSK badge. unfortunately no positive ID.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 DSK 1st Battalion  

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    . . . artistic license invoked with the addition of 3 DSK badge. . . .
    And possibly also the 3DSK and 8th Army insignia at some point in the past. The 3DSK at least doesn’t appear to be a WW2 era pattern, but I'm also wary of the 8th Army. Not to suggest that this was by you or that this is not a legitimate veteran’s BD blouse though! Any chance at closer pics of these two?

The shoulder titles appear to possible be this type, which are correct period British Mandate Palestine made type.

3 DSK 1st Battalion

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

bloody 'ell, I'll have to go back down the cellar again ! I normally take things on face value and the BD looks quite fine. the titles are of your pattern and the Eighth Army and Christmas tree are quite exquisite. camera batteries on charge at the moment and it's dark as well so.................

?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    (...) artistic license invoked with the addition of 3 DSK badge. (...)
    I can see a badge is missing, and maybe a ribbon bar too

3 DSK 1st Battalion

Cheers,
    Kosa

quite correct. no chest, breast badges or ribbon bar when I acquired jacket. shots of cloth insignia as requested. as it can be discerned, the construction / weave etc of the Christmas tree / 8th Army shield is the same ? as the Polish title, hence my lack of concern regarding originality. the collar devices are Lorioli thin construction hollow back .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 DSK 1st Battalion   3 DSK 1st Battalion  

3 DSK 1st Battalion   3 DSK 1st Battalion  

As Tony wrote before, 3DSK and 8th Army patches looks to be modern copies. Poland title looks to be ok. Can you take and post photo of collar badge revearse side?

Best Regards
    Michal

evidence Watson, evidence. show me the money ! looks can be deceptive as per the following quote. as can be observed the weave on the castle bears close similarity to the tree. also, Dude, the variations of 8th Army shield are equal to the grains of sand on the beach.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 DSK 1st Battalion   3 DSK 1st Battalion  

Attached Images Attached Images 3 DSK 1st Battalion  3 DSK 1st Battalion 

PZ, thanks for the added photos. Both the 3DSK and 8th Army insignia are without a doubt post war products. Agreed, there are seemingly infinite variations of 8th Army insignia (as with Poland shoulder titles), but one gets familiar with the characteristics of period made examples versus modern copies. Some example of mine posted below.

Similarly with the 3DSK there are “family groups” to watch for among other things. When coupled with wear and other factors one can pick out the decades old from the not so old.

Again, based on the pictures I don’t doubt the authenticity of your BD blouse. The evidence of a missing 2nd Corps Commemorative badge and a ribbon bar are more supportive evidence. You’ve got what appears to be a genuine BD blouse that has had some insignia swapped. Nothing too unusual with vet worn uniforms where original components simply didn’t stand up to wear and / or cleaning.

Thanks again for sharing the photos. And sorry for bringing up the issue, but such are the perils of posting anything on a site devoted to collectors. Hope it doesn’t prevent you from sharing more of your collection!

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 DSK 1st Battalion  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

not at all, the curve of the road is long and winding. fact, fiction.............opinions
    Attached Images Attached Images 3 DSK 1st Battalion 

I will take next exit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast