Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?

Article about: Here come in a row several patterns of 3 DSK "Christmas trees" patches, the famous Choinka. The two printed on canvas were sold as been produced in England, and are slightly differ

Default 3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?

Here come in a row several patterns of 3 DSK "Christmas trees" patches, the famous Choinka. The two printed on canvas were sold as been produced in England, and are slightly different. The other two are of the worsted/embroidered type, while the last one I guess is some sort of copy, since is excessively crude.... what's your opinion? thank you in advance for your knowledge and help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  
    Attached Images Attached Images 3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions? 

Default Re: 3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?

Hi Loupie,

Check this thread for some details on a producer of printed insignia for the Poles:

Polish 1st Armoured Division Patch Cotton - Genuine..??

The three embroidered patches are bogus

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,

I had more than some doubts on two out of three embroidered flashes, whereas the one sewn on bd cloth seemed still reasonably authentic to me, mainly because I have seen it sewn on a couple of blouses... the printed badges, together with printed Poland titles (both serifs and sans serifs) and Eight Army shields come from James Snook's factory, Hounds Gate, Nottingham.

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    . . . the one sewn on bd cloth seemed still reasonably authentic to me, mainly because I have seen it sewn on a couple of blouses...
    Hi Loupie,

The Poles fabricated much of their own uniform insignia from available materials, so there’s a possibility this one may be period, although I’ve never seen one like it. I’m not keen on the quality of fabric used, nor the crude construction. Even though materials were in short supply at the time, it’s doubtful that such a flimsy product would have been used. There’s also an absence of honest age considering the obvious weakness of the fabric.

It looks to me to be more of an attempt at producing something that could be passed off as a field made item. Here are two genuine examples that the one you pictured may be trying to mimic.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?   3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  

Attached Images Attached Images 3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions?  3 DSK cloth and canvas patches: your opinions? 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne