Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group

Article about: Hi James, Some answers for you: by jamest8 The bars I have highlighted with the yellow arrows. Am I correct to assume that the longer aluminium pair are shoulder bars? Is the smaller single

Default 318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group

Goodday Gentlemen

See below the pictures of what I think is a wonderfully complete group for the 318 KKP. The group belonged to a Aniela Hasiuk with a Monte Cassino Cross number of 45942. She was one of 99 volunteers from the Women's Auxillary that made up 318KKP. Isn't this a great group.

I just need to verify the Monte Cassino number is correct.

I'd love to hear your comments.

All the best

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group   318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group  

318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group   318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group  

318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group   318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group  

318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group  

Default Re: 318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group

A great group indeed but it is quite sad to see also, as this generation of Polish heroes is passing so fast these days

Our world of collecting often presents us with a uneasy mixture excitement tinged with sadness.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi James,

The Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 45942 was indeed awarded to : Sekc. Hasiuk Aniela, Born in 1901, Army Number: 1901/41/III, Unit 318 Komp.Kantyn i Bibliotek Ruch.

James if you type Aniela Hasiuk's name into Google, you can see the photographs of all her items, I assume from the previous owner of the group, I remember purchasing the 318th Company Collar Badges a little over 20 years ago for £5.00p.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi Andrzejku

Thanks you so much for confirming the Monte Cassino Cross details. £5.00 wow! how times have changed. I see a single collar badge for sale on ebay for £150. What an excellent return on investment.

Again many tanks for you confirmation of the cross details.

All the best

James

Gentlemen

Perhaps you can help with another question. Would the 318 have worn the regular khaki beret and eagle with this uniform?

Thanks

James

Hi James, my wife Lez and I were offered this group from Greg last year. Very nice and glad you bought it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

WOW!!! Nice grouping indeed! LOL. It will be a very sad day when I have to pack it up and send it off as it was by far one of my favourite sets in the collection. Such is life. I know it has found a very good home with you. And to answer your question the 318 KKP wore khaki berets. Somewhere in my files I have a period photo of such being worn. If I can find it I will post it here.

Cheers,
    Greg

thanks Greg

A wonderful grouping. And James, if you are the new owner, my congratulations

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Gentlemen

A couple pof questions please

The bars I have highlighted with the yellow arrows. Am I correct to assume that the longer aluminium pair are shoulder bars? Is the smaller single one for a beret? If not what are they for?

Second question - what do the blue bars with the blue arrow signify?

And lastly - Do the plastic badges signify anything specific (unit, year etc)?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 318 Kompania Kantyn Polowych i Bibliotek Ruchomych Group  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast