Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3DSK armband

Article about: Attached is a photo of my dad in 3DSK on the left with a pal. Can anyone identify the armband that the man on the right is wearing? Thanks, Ted (I'm guessing that this is somewhere in Italy

TMZ
    ?

Default 3DSK armband

Attached is a photo of my dad in 3DSK on the left with a pal.

Can anyone identify the armband that the man on the right is wearing?

Thanks, Ted3DSK armband

(I'm guessing that this is somewhere in Italy in 1944)

would it be a regimental police red and white armband.

Hello Ted, and welcome to the forum.

The wearing of the armband identified the Duty Officer (Oficer Dyżurny), a position usually held by an NCO.

Here’s an original example that belonged to a lance sergeant serving in the 10th Battalion of the 4th Wołyński Infantry Brigade, 5KDP

3DSK armband

Please tell us more about your father and his 2nd Corps service.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

TMZ
    ?

Thanks Tony for such a clear answer. Another small piece of information to add to the jigsaw puzzle.

I'm afraid that I know very little of my father's service history as such.

He was just another of the Siberian prisoners who got to Polish 2 Corps via Teheran, Iraq, Palestine and Egypt.

I do not even know which Battalion of 3DSK he was serving in, but that he was at Monte Cassino and Bologna.

TMZ
    ?

3DSK armband3DSK armbandTony, here is a scan of my father's 3DSK and Monte Cassino Cross certificates. Does it tell you any more?

Hello Ted,

May I also welcome you to the Forum, your Father served with the Headquarters Staff of the 3rd Carpathian Infantry Division, I hope that this helps.

Best wishes

Andrzej

TMZ
    ?

Thank you Andrzej, so that is what Komp Sztab means? Is that an abbreviation?

Hi Ted, yes, that's correct, it's the abbreviation for "Kompania Sztabowa" - HQ Company.

Thanks for posting those documents.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

ABI. belonged to a chap I SBS stationed at Bersenbruck ( umlaut missing ) after the great event.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3DSK armband