Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3DSK Service Dress

Article about: Hi, friend of friend has 3DSK Service Dress for sell; I was told it is after combatant. Can you tell me more about that dress, badges …? I want to buy it, but I don’t know how much it is wor

Default 3DSK Service Dress

Hi, friend of friend has 3DSK Service Dress for sell; I was told it is after combatant. Can you tell me more about that dress, badges …? I want to buy it, but I don’t know how much it is worth, and if it is real one. The color of patches is bright and looks new, the color patch looks old, and why there are same patches on both sleeves? Should there be 8th army? O and what medals are missing?
    Thank you
    Mariusz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3DSK Service Dress   3DSK Service Dress  

3DSK Service Dress   3DSK Service Dress  

3DSK Service Dress  

Default Re: 3DSK Service Dress

Hello! If it's expensive don't buy it.

3DSK badge looks ok, but patches looks like there were sew on yesterday. I don't think so that syrenka patches are genuine. I have the same version in hands and i had mixed feelings. On the right sleeve should be only poland patch and 8th army. And courius thing is that that this battledress is not retailored. 99% of 1944-1946 battledresses were re-tailored.

Regards Michal

My observation. Maybe it is simply an ex-combatants personal re-creation for wearing at veteran day ceremonies? Many former soldiers only kept their badges not uniforms. So he may have put this together in recent years to wear in Polish memorial parades? It is too clumsy a recreation for the reasons Michal has observed IMO to be offered as a deception for a correctly attired period jacket.

The jacket looks new like it has never been worn. Since I don’t have any battledresses what would you recommend? And how much it is worth the way it is? I dint want to overpay, and he did not give me price, he ask me to make him an offer.

Hello!

Normal 3DSK battledress, without collar tabs and badge should cost 700-800zl, not more. Of course if it's genuine

Regards Michal

Quote by MichalMag View Post
    99% of 1944-1946 battledresses were re-tailored.

Regards Michal
    A large percentage, yes. But 99%? Sorry, but I think that percentage is far too high.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    My observation. Maybe it is simply an ex-combatants personal re-creation for wearing at veteran day ceremonies? Many former soldiers only kept their badges not uniforms. So he may have put this together in recent years to wear in Polish memorial parades? It is too clumsy a recreation for the reasons Michal has observed IMO to be offered as a deception for a correctly attired period jacket.
    I'd tend to agree.

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    A large percentage, yes. But 99%? Sorry, but I think that percentage is far too high.
    99% of polish bd's from this years, which i saw were re tailored.

Quote by MichalMag View Post
    99% of polish bd's from this years, which i saw were re tailored.
    OK but that is a rather sweeping statement, from one person's experience. I think it is a stretch to say that of all the Poles who fought in Italy, only 1% did not re-tailor their BDs.

?

Yes, it sure is. One exampel is my grandfathers american war aid BD. He never altered it in any way, shape or form. Since american made tunics were of much better quality there was no need to make it look even better. I have seen a lot of photos from Italy were soldiers used original tunics without any alterations. Perhaps we should be more careful with throwing percentages around

Cheers,
    J

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast