Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia

Article about: An arm flash to the 3rd DSK: canvas badge, felt fir tree. Is it a genuine article or a repro? Thank you in advance for your expertize!

Quote by kosa View Post
    It's my favorite too. A pretty rare patch.

Yes, definitely not common. Yours is only the fifth or sixth one I've ever seen. By chance do you know anything about these - place of origin, year of manufacture, etc.?

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Yes, definitely not common. Yours is only the fifth or sixth one I've ever seen. By chance do you know anything about these - place of origin, year of manufacture, etc.?

Cheers,
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Definitely not common. I haven't seen it in period photographs yet. Judging it by the fabrics the place of origin might be the Middle East. It is made of quality silk fabric and it feels like the Middle Eastern Cross of Merit ribbon. Both have the same shimmering appearance and structure. Perhaps my observations are not that far from the truth

Cheers

Quote by kosa View Post
    . . . Perhaps my observations are not that far from the truth
    I would agree with your observations that a Middle Eastern origin is most likely. I also have not seen a period photograph showing this type in wear, but am keeping my eyes open for that elusive photo.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

A recent purchase, another 3 DSK formation sign.... looks good, but like it were made yesterday...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia   3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia  

Loupie, a well preserved genuine 3DSK 'choinka'. Congrats.

Cheers,
    Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Loupie, a well preserved genuine 3DSK 'choinka'. Congrats.

Cheers,
    Tony
    So good news once again... thank you Tony!

Loupie, you're most welcome.

Here's a period photo of General Sosnkowski decorating a soldier. Clearly visible is this type of 3DSK insignia:

Cheers,
    Tony

. . . and another:

Two worsted Choinkas on a "cheesecloth" backing: are they any good? I have bough one in Warsaw, quite a long time ago.... the second one has recently come with a lot of other badges and insignia...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia   3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia  

3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia   3rd DSK (Dywizja Strelcow Karpackich) cloth insignia  

Loupie, no worries, authentic period insignia. Made in Palestine along with many other 2nd Corps cloth insignia, all identifiable by the cheesecloth type backing. Here it is pictured in wear:

Regards,
    Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast