Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych Badge

Article about: Good day Gentlemen Here we have a badge for 5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych or 5 Kresowy Heavy Machine Gun Battalion. I understand 5CKM were divisional troops for

Default Re: 5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych Badge

Polish Resettlement Corps barracks at Chisledon camp 1947.

Today it would be in breach of European Human Rights legislation for 'asylum seekers' or 'refugees' to be housed in such accomodation!

A complete digression from the thread of course, but it does make me ....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych Badge   5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych Badge  

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Great pics Stefan, thanks for posting them Interesting to get a visual on the Chisledon camp, and the humble quonset huts it consisted of.

OK, to steer this thread back on course, earlier today the hammer dropped on the 5CKM badge auction. I had placed an unsuccessful bid for a friend:

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych Badge  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Was that price way over the top do you think?

By the way I found the pictures of the Chisledon Camp really interesting. I spent time in the area when I was in the Army.

All the best

James

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Was that price way over the top do you think?
    Not at all. Actually quite a reasonable price for what is a scarce badge. I have seen at least two of these the past several years sell for well over what this one fetched. The market of late is depressed. Here’s one in weaker condition that sold several months back for 30GBP higher.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych Badge  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Wow! I'm honored to have so much of my former collection showing up in this thread.

?

New in home
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych Badge   5 Kresowy Batalion Ciężkich Karabinów Maszynowych Badge  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2