Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

5th Kresowa Infantry Division set

Article about: Set of kpr. Misior? Piotr Badge 5 KDP silver with several photos, from Iraq 1942, Palestine 1943, Italy 1943-47, photos in memory from friends. The owner served probably anti-aircraft platoo

?

Default 5th Kresowa Infantry Division set

Set of kpr. Misior? Piotr
    Badge 5 KDP silver with several photos, from Iraq 1942, Palestine 1943, Italy 1943-47, photos in memory from friends.
    The owner served probably anti-aircraft platoon [description on one photos from Irak], 6 Lviv Infantry Division/6 Lviv Infantry Brigade.
    Where can I find more information about this hero? Have Monte Cassino Cross
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5th Kresowa Infantry Division set  

Hello Tomek,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately unless you know the next of kin who would be willing to apply for a copy of His Service Record, that would be the only way of finding out more information on this individual.

What I can supply is the following information at the time of the award of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Surname : MISIOR

Christian Name : Piotr

Date of Birth: 1903

Army Number : (Also found on His ID Tags) : 1903-120-III

Unit: 5 Pulku Art.P-Lotn. (5th Anti Aircraft Artillery Regiment, 5KDP)

Awarded Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 23174

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you, I have also checked the index of victims of soviet repression but had no luck in finding him listed nor did I find him in any PISM Documents.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post.

?

Andrzejku Thank you very much! . After your information now is not only a photos and badge, but something more.
    Probably Misior Piotr after the war emigrated to Canada, because from there I have this set.

Hello Tomek,

I have searched for Piotr Misior, but have not found anything with regards emigrating to Canada or elsewhere ?

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

I found another kpr. Misior Piotr, from 5 kresowy baon ckm, maybe with time change unit?

?

Andrzejku i have request. Maybe try found kpr. MYSIOR Piotr ? because one photo have this name, maybe mistake, maybe not?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5th Kresowa Infantry Division set   5th Kresowa Infantry Division set  

Hello Tomek,

Many thanks for your post providing me with the correct Surname (I will be charging you for my time), I have found the following information on Piotr Mysior.

When awarded the Monte Cassino Cross his details were as follows:

Surname: MYSIOR

Christian Name: Piotr Paweł

Date of Birth: 1916

Fathers Name: Piotr

Army Number: (also found on His ID Tags): 1916-170-III

Unit: 5BCKM, 5KDP (5th Heavy Machine Gun Battalion, 5th Kresowa Infantry Division)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 24817

He fought in the September 1939 Campaign either as a Regular or Reservist, he was captured by the soviets on the 19th September 1939 in Włodzimierz and joined the Anders Army at Tatiszczewo on the 3rd September 1941.

After the end of the war he came with his unit to the UK and then emigrated to Canada where he married his wife Betty Joan (who died in 2012 aged 83), Piotr died on the 13th April 2015 in his 100th year and was buried with his wife in St Peter's Cemetery, London, Ontario.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Tomek, it would be great to view some of his photographs if you wish to post them on the Forum.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Andrzejku you are GREATE ! now we have correct person.
    I will try in a few days, pick up several photos.

?

Some photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5th Kresowa Infantry Division set   5th Kresowa Infantry Division set  

5th Kresowa Infantry Division set   5th Kresowa Infantry Division set  

5th Kresowa Infantry Division set   5th Kresowa Infantry Division set  

?

The black and white photographs are a heady mix of history and nostalgia