Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hi, This might be the start of my UB collection.
    Appreciate any thoughts on price/scarcity of this type of document?

UBP CZ?STOCHOWA Legitymacja 28.II.1945 UNIKAT (862409698) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

?

I guess I am not the only who was excited on hearing that a Szkoła Podchorążych Kawalerii Pancernej im. Generala Andersa was up for sale. As with many badges I went directly for photos showing the back. To my astonishment I discovered it looked extremely well compared to an original. The text GALIPOLI was very well crafted, the PROMOCJA 1 dito. After closer inspection of the numbers I couldn't find anything that would indicate anything else then then it being an original. Until I swapped to photos showing the front....

Well, what can I say. The first give away is the enamel which is completely off compared to original badges. Another defect is the way the Monte Cassino cross was made. Its too short on the sides and too long at the bottom. The "SP" insignia in the middle was made in silver on original badges so unless its an unique form of Italian silver which oxidizes into bronze, I would say they got it all backwards.

As a copy I give it of 5 . Where 1 is a poor copy and easy to spot and 5 is almost indistinguishable from an original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    . . . so unless its an unique form of Italian silver which oxidizes into bronze . . . .
    I needed a good chuckle over my morning coffee!

Do you have good pictures of a known genuine example that you could post for our benefit?

Regards,
    Tony

What do you think? Is it origin? If it is any id how much is it worth?
    KRZYZ WALECZNYCH NA POLU CHWALY 1920 WALECZNYM ORG (869241828) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

3mk
    ?

Hey Mariusz,
    I also seen this on allegro,It looks to be original a very nice example!

?

3mk
    ?

Hey 3 DSK,
    I got this and the pre-war thread mixed up sorry

But on Allegro it is posted on the pre-war section

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Mariusz,
    I also seen this on allegro,It looks to be original a very nice example!
    Nice medal !!

Please forgive my ignorance but isn't the Allegro auction site located in Poland !?! If so...wouldn't it be illegal to ship this medal out of the country !?!

Vic

3mk
    ?

Hey Vic,
    You can use your friends/relatives adress but pay from the other country,To get it out of Poland you have 3 options.
    Take a risk and smuggle it through your luggage
    Get a permit
    Drive out of Poland and mail it from the other country

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    Nice medal !!

Please forgive my ignorance but isn't the Allegro auction site located in Poland !?! If so...wouldn't it be illegal to ship this medal out of the country !?!

Vic
    Im using my sister allege account to buy, and she pays for it and later on im paying her back, and item is send in Poland. When I will go to Poland I will pick it up. Before taking it to Canada I will have to take to (I forgot the name ) person from antiques, pay same fee and he will write lather that there is X number of that items in Poland and, and i can take it t Canada, still fee have to be pay.

Page 12 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast