Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Mariusz do you remember what the fee is?
    Thanks

I have paid i think around $200-300 i had some family items like old clock, paintings, … I have done it 2 times. One time I gat copies of German badges, and medals in my suitcase, I was pulled to the side, border guards took me my wife and one year old Juliet, to the separate room, and have opened all the suitcases, lucky to me I had maybe more then 30 polish history books, and I told them that I like history, and of course the German medals and badges where copes. So nothing really happened, after they check my luggage they took us to the airplane. The airplane was ready to go, and was waiting only for us. You should have seen the faces of all the people in the airplane. On anther hand the solders from WOP where young and very nice to me. We talk for a bit about history, but I would won’t to go thru that again. So it could be the random check, or even we don’t see, our entire luggage is scan. They knew that in one suitcase I had some badges and medals.

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    . . . Before taking it to Canada I will have to take to (I forgot the name ) person from antiques, pay same fee and he will write lather that there is X number of that items in Poland and, and i can take it t Canada, still fee have to be pay.
    Good information Mariusz. I wasn't aware of the process.

Have you heard of any cases where permisson to export was not granted?

Regards,
    Tony

Yes that person told me that what i had was just old family items. When I ask him if every thing can be taken from Poland he told me no, on items “national treasure, rare items “can be taken away, now im wondering if VM, or KW can be taken to Canada.

Now i remember the fee is 44zł, and you have to contact your local
    Wojewódzki Urząd Ochrony Zabytków
    and fill 2 forms and have 3-3 pictures of the item, I will attach 2 forms, one has 2 pages.
    If you read polish:

Wniosek składa się w Delegaturze WUOZ właściwej ze względu na miejsce zamieszkania lub siedzibę wnioskodawcy, a w braku miejsca zamieszkania wnioskodawcy - ze względu na miejsce jego pobytu.
    Wnioski osób zamieszkałych (lub przebywających) na terenie powiatów: Góra, Milicz, Oleśnica, Oława, Strzelin, Środa Śląska, Trzebnica, Wołów, Wrocław składa się do Muzeum Narodowego we Wrocławiu, pl. Powstańców Warszawy 5, 50 - 153 Wrocław (tel. 372 51 50).
    1. Zaświadczenie na wywóz za granicę zabytku lub przedmiotu o cechach zabytku, który nie wymaga pozwolenia na wywóz.
    Wniosek powinien zawierać:
    • imię, nazwisko wnioskodawcy, miejsce zamieszkania i adres albo nazwę, siedzibę i adres jednostki organizacyjnej, będącej wnioskodawcą
    • określenie zabytku lub przedmiotu o cechach zabytku, który ma być wywieziony, wraz z opisem umożliwiającym jego identyfikację
    • uzasadnienie wniosku
    • 2 fotografie zabytku lub przedmiotu o cechach zabytku o formacie nie mniejszym niż 9 x 13 cm (tylko na żądanie organu wydającego zaświadczenie)
    2. Jednorazowe pozwolenie na stały wywóz zabytku za granicę.
    Wniosek powinien zawierać:
    • imię, nazwisko wnioskodawcy, miejsce zamieszkania i adres albo nazwę, siedzibę i adres jednostki organizacyjnej, będącej wnioskodawcą
    • określenie zabytku wraz z opisem umożliwiającym jego identyfikację
    • uzasadnienie wniosku
    • 2 fotografie zabytku o formacie nie mniejszym niż 9 x 13 cm
    • w przypadku wywozu poza kraje UE obowiązuje załączony druk wniosku +3 fotografie
    do wniosku należy dołączyć oświadczenie

UWAGA: we wszystkich przypadkach wnioskodawca zobowiązany jest udostępnić do oględzin przedmioty objęte wnioskiem w miejscu, gdzie się znajdują, albo na żądanie konserwatora, dostarczyć we wskazane miejsce.
    Opłaty skarbowe: za wydanie pozwolenia na czasowy wywóz zabytku za granicę - 44 zł za wydanie zaświadczenia 17 zł
    Podstawa prawna: ustawa z dnia 16 listopada 2006 r. o opłacie skarbowej ( Dz. U. Nr 225,poz.1635)
    Ustawa z dnia 23 lipca 2003 r. o ochronie zabytków i opiece nad zabytkami (Dz. U. Nr 162, poz. 1568)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

3mk
    ?

Thanks alot Mariusz!

Yes it seems one must not get too excited these days with so many sellers pouring fakes into the market. Someone send me various archive photos and there was this one, which as you can see has the "non-oxidized" version of the SP insignia. But do not get too excited. The SP insignia, though not "oxidized", dosent appear to be made well as it lacks the detail on the lettering as well as the endings dont seem right and if we look at the Monte Cassino Cross we can see it is also very crudely made, not at all like the original. Sorry, unfortunately I did not receive the photo of the back. Would be of interest to compare these two. What does this mean? If there are two versions copied of this badge it must mean that there are various "bands" of copiers?? And the curious thing is that if there are so many "bands" why arent more of these coming on the market? It must require quite some work, and making of molds to make even the copies. Once made you would think that they would sell a few of these after all that work. Or are some jewlers making one copy at a time?? Seems like a lot of work for just a one off. A whole story must be behind the copiers. And from what I understand most and the best copies are coming out of Poland.
    Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    I guess I am not the only who was excited on hearing that a Szkoła Podchorążych Kawalerii Pancernej im. Generala Andersa was up for sale. As with many badges I went directly for photos showing the back. To my astonishment I discovered it looked extremely well compared to an original. The text GALIPOLI was very well crafted, the PROMOCJA 1 dito. After closer inspection of the numbers I couldn't find anything that would indicate anything else then then it being an original. Until I swapped to photos showing the front....

Well, what can I say. The first give away is the enamel which is completely off compared to original badges. Another defect is the way the Monte Cassino cross was made. Its too short on the sides and too long at the bottom. The "SP" insignia in the middle was made in silver on original badges so unless its an unique form of Italian silver which oxidizes into bronze, I would say they got it all backwards.

As a copy I give it of 5 . Where 1 is a poor copy and easy to spot and 5 is almost indistinguishable from an original.
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Yes that person told me that what i had was just old family items. When I ask him if every thing can be taken from Poland he told me no, on items “national treasure, rare items “can be taken away, now im wondering if VM, or KW can be taken to Canada.
    Many thanks Mariusz for this and the copies of the documents.

It's reasonable to assume that decorations such as the VM and even KW would be in the restricted category. From what I know Poland is the only country in the EU that has such a law (please correct me if I am wrong), and I have heard rumours that this ban on exporting antiquities may be lifted. It makes all the more sense considering the giant loophole that opened up when Poland joined the EU and the inspection of parcels crossing the Polish border to other EU nations was halted. Although having said that, and at risk of sounding a wee bit hypocritical, there’s a side to me that grudgingly agrees with a law that some of Poland’s historical artifacts should be mandated to remain within a country that was sp thoroughly pillaged over its history.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by Stanislaw View Post
    . . . It must require quite some work, and making of molds to make even the copies. Once made you would think that they would sell a few of these after all that work. Or are some jewlers making one copy at a time?? . . .
    This is a good observation and one that I have pondered many times. Quite obviously it makes no economic sense to go to all the expense of making a ‘one off’ badge. One would expect to see more on the market, as we did with the flood of 2nd Corps ‘collar badge’ fakes last year. I don’t have an answer other than, like you say, some of these may be very carefully crafted jeweler made replacements perhaps commissioned by a veteran in years past. As they were not exact copies, when they surface on the market years later they are subject to hasty dismissal as fakes. Seems like a plausible theory. Open to hear others.

Quote by Stanislaw View Post
    And from what I understand most and the best copies are coming out of Poland.
    Yes, this is what I have heard as well. Of course, that’s where the hottest market has been of late. And this market has been fueled by the improved economic conditions over the past several years which ironically also affords the counterfeiters the financial means to invest in better equipment to aid their craft. Sort of a vicious circle.

Regards,
    Tony

?

The essential object in every serious collection of PSZ/z .....

"You are reviewing an auction on a World War II era soldier cap for a Polish soldier. This item was found in a piece of furniture from the Netherlands, so exact age and origination is not certain. As you can see this black hat has bold Poland logo and on top, some blue checkered fabric. Hat is about 11” across and 4 ½” high."

World War II Era POLAND soldier cap Polish Military - eBay (item 360228419751 end time Jan-31-10 17:48:45 PST)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

Page 13 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast