Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 77 of 144 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Hello Wolly and welcome to the forum. Piwo's recommendations are sound. As far as good sites for solid information and study of genuine Polish militaria, you've found the best English language site on the web right here. There's a lot of stuff packed onto the discussion threads, so be sure to pore through them. If you find something in the marketplace that interests you it's always a good step to post the item here for comments. As Piwo mentioned, there's plenty of fakes and copies floating about so you need to be careful before buying.

Regards and best wishes with your collecting,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

By the way, at this point of time the highest bidder is a dealer of copies and fakes. If he wins the badge you will see a listing on ebay sooner or later. He buys different lots on Allegro and tries to resell on ebay.

Best,
    Kosa

Hi kosa,

I have to say if that's a fake then it's a very good one. See side by side below. The only questionable detail I see is the lack of wear on the eagle, which was stamped in brass (on all genuine examples that I know of)and thinly silver plated. This plating characteristically wears off, even on those badges that have survived the seven decades in exceptional condition.

click on pictures to enlarge

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    The only questionable detail I see is the lack of wear on the eagle, which was stamped in brass (on all genuine examples that I know of)and thinly silver plated. This plating characteristically wears off, even on those badges that have survived the seven decades in exceptional condition.
    Hi Tony,

When you inspect the eagle and the VM cross you will find more questionalble details This is a good quality fake.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Dzien dobry Kosa,

I would need to examine this badge in hand. As is often the case, digital photography can only take one so far. Again, if this is a complete fake it is very well made. The distinctive P&B threaded post and main body of the badge to which it is mounted appear entirely faithful to originals in all details. Considering that the eagle is most questionable, this may be a hybrid using a replicated eagle made of a white metal alloy - ?? Again, I can’t pass judgment on this one without a hands-on inspection.

Cheers,
    Tony

Hi! I agree with Tony! Without examine badge in hands it is very difficult to say something. In this case we don't have good zoom into VM cross on eagle and it looks not to be sharp, buuuuut.... it is only a photo. Maybe someone know a buyer and can ask him for better photos?
    Best
    Michal

A visually similar example of the 1 Pułku Ułanów Krechowieckich award in question can be found amongst others belonging to c.c. Narcyz Łopianowski ps. "Sarna"

Link: Narcyz Łopianowski ps. "Sarna"
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Any thoughts on these 4th Scorpion armoured regiment collar badges?
    Thank youAuction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hello Lech,

No problems with these.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 77 of 144 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 ... LastLast