Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 144 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Quote by GFC View Post
    I agree with Gary - looks like an alloy version rather than a actual product, and WHY would it be made in Lwow when the Squadron was formed in late 1940 ?

GFC
    Thanks guys your thoughts are much appreciated
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

PSZ/Z 25 PU?K U?ANÓW orygina? numerowana (1038774005) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

Anyone see what is wrong with this "original" badge?

every time I see this sellers items I have to do a double take
    he seems to have a factory in his basement..
    anyway alexmacja rhymes a bit with alibaba
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

I have seen this badge before I would not trust it sloppy put together. My uncle was in the 309 and it was formed in late 40 why would the badge be made in Poland. Look for one that in numbered I have one I can show you.

?

a real one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Quote by dorava View Post
    a real one
    Many thanks for sharing the "real" badge photos
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

one of the moderators says he cant see anything wrong with the 25PU..maybe he is right ..and maybe I am just paranoid
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 
    Last edited by dorava; 05-14-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Quote by dorava View Post
    one of the moderators says he cant see anything wrong with the 25PU..maybe he is right ..and maybe I am just paranoid
    25U listed on allegro at the moment is OK in principle.
    Lower numbers had the Eagle fixed with bended wire (the same technology as for 1 Krechowiecki Lancers) and Eagle on badges with higher numbers are fixed by the “bolts”

The question is – Is it a good idea to pay “top price” for a badge that will never be of the top grade (significant reparations).

I guess all depends on definition of top price – one would say.

However, history teaches me that collectors are getting more and more demanding and impeccable quality is often most important when it comes to re-sell assuming one would be interested in re-selling (for inastance byrning need for cash for family reasons).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

?

fascinating...
    no one sees what I see as more than just a slight difference..
    For me the Maltese cross on the one for sale on Allegro is all wrong...the cross is very sloppily made...and on all the original ones I have seen,,,I have never seen one so sloppy...the enameling ..the cross..a matter of fact maybe the whole shield..
    dosent seem right to me...but maybe its a "variant"..maybe its a shop test...who knows...not, in principle, right enough for me

?

..and yes perhaps I am being too sticky
    the badge is probably original...but the cross is not..
    as one of the moderators suggested to me....maybe the cross has been renameled
    or something...

Hello!

It's very hard to tell something about this 25PU badge, becouse photos are not good. I can only agree with dorava, maltan cross is probably a fake.

Best Regards

Page 18 of 144 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 118 ... LastLast