Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 82 of 144 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

This helmet had been on the market previously and was discussed on one of the threads here at that time. If the seller can’t unload it privately we may be seeing it surface somewhere again.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Evening Gentlemen

I have two more Monte Cassino Crosses for perusal, they are quite low numbered so would be keen to check authenticity before possible purchase. They both look okay from my limited experience but obviously.....

No: 7481

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

No: 2225

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

All the best
    Stefan

Hello Stefan,

They are fine and original although cleaned

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello again Stefan,

Just in you would like to know who they were awarded to details below:

MCC Nr: 2225 was awarded to:

Surname: Budaj

Christian Name: Julian

Date of Birth: 1914

Army Number: (also found on His ID tags): 1914-123-III

Unit: Headquarters Staff 3DSK

The only other information that I came across is that he married in 1962 in Birmingham and became a British Citizen in 1975.

MCC Nr: 7481 was awarded to:

Surname: KRASKO

Christian Name: Jan

Date of Birth: 1910

Army Number: (also found on His ID Tags): 1910-39-III

Unit: 4BSK (4th Rifle Battalion, 2nd Brigade, 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division.

The only other information that I could find is that his death was registered in the City of London in 1951.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Two items I'd like an opinion on please:

I believe the cap eagle to be of French production? Not entirely sure whether the Forces in the West Cross is a replica or not.

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Many thanks as always.

Both items appear genuine. No apparent problems that I can see. Yes, the eagle is French made, by Alavoine.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Thank you Tony. Is there a good refference book for Polish eagles? I'm interested to know how many variants were produced in France and where.

You're most welcome. The most comprehensive source of information on the topic of Polish hat eagle badges is the series of books authored by Tomasz Zawistowski. These are in Polish language only though. You can obtain more information along with ordering them directly from the author here:

Tomasz Zawistowski - Polskie or

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    You're most welcome. The most comprehensive source of information on the topic of Polish hat eagle badges is the series of books authored by Tomasz Zawistowski. These are in Polish language only though. You can obtain more information along with ordering them directly from the author here:

Tomasz Zawistowski - Polskie or

Regards,
    Tony
    Many thanks Tony, I'll try and get hold of a copy. Czytam po Polsku

In the meantime, this VM has come up. Moscow type? Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Yes, this would be the Moscow type VM. Based on the little I know about these this one appears to be OK. You might want to check the post WW2 communist era section of the forum to compare to any genuine examples posted there.

Regards, Tony

Page 82 of 144 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast