Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 144 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

DaBear
    ?

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

I have a few things to post up for your critical review. I am not optimistic, but I'll embarrass myself nonetheless.

For the first, I have a similar problem to Robert's. This beret surprised me with the wear and damage, as I suspected it would be fake. The badge and rank are fabricated right onto the beret, which is an origianl. Now, I know it is unlikely to be some general's beret, but it has been suggested that it may be a post-war veteran general's beret. What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

DaBear
    ?

I have had this Warsaw Armoured for a while, but I look at it funny. The 1st Armoured I have always been suspicious of.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

DaBear
    ?

I don't get involved too much with pre-39 badges. I cannot afford them, and unless they have some number or stamp, I just assume they are Panasiuk, unless they are not well-made (then they are just plain fakes). These are a couple of the few I have. Any thoughts? I appreciate this opportunity to show my possible blunders.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

DaBear
    ?

I had a hard lesson in cloth badges early in my collecting, culling a bunch. I kept these two, although I am suspicious, especially of the printed one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

DaBear
    ?

I picked this one up sold as a Czech medal. The ribbon is the one that was on it, although I know it is wrong. I cannot find anywhere that may have a replacement. I know very little about this Chaplain's medal. Can anyone tell me anything about it, as well as what they think of it's originality?
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

?

Quote by dorava View Post
    I guess others didnt think much of these pennons either
    WWII Polish 7 Pulk Pancerny Collar Pair - eBay (item 150460989266 end time Jul-03-10 16:55:50 PDT)

a low price for these if original
    and here are the only ones I have seen that seem 100% original...
    big difference with the other ones posted and sold on ebay....

DaBear
    ?

This is my only VM. The ring was seperated when I got it (held by a wire), so it is a replacement. I was told that this is probably a jeweler's copy for replacement. I am interested in hearing what anyone thinks.
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

DaBear
    ?

I was so happy when I got this, but I think it says "sucker" all over it. I see some very well-made copies on ebay now. Please tell me I am wrong.
    Please.....

?

Quote by DaBear View Post
    I have a few things to post up for your critical review. I am not optimistic, but I'll embarrass myself nonetheless.

For the first, I have a similar problem to Robert's. This beret surprised me with the wear and damage, as I suspected it would be fake. The badge and rank are fabricated right onto the beret, which is an origianl. Now, I know it is unlikely to be some general's beret, but it has been suggested that it may be a post-war veteran general's beret. What do you think?
    ...I would think you are right..and some sort of post war vet made one...Many vets kept on ..even to this day getting promotions..so it could be that this was a Captain or Major in the war..and after succesive promotions..got to be a general and had the beret made up...someone went to a lot of work.. any markings in the beret re the date and manufacturer?....

Here are two orignal ones..one, an army beret with bullion work....quite different..and then what most generals used ..-.a metal rank insignia on the beret...this armoured one belonged to General Duch

?

Quote by DaBear View Post
    I was so happy when I got this, but I think it says "sucker" all over it. I see some very well-made copies on ebay now. Please tell me I am wrong.
    Please.....
    very sorry...............it is a copy..

Page 25 of 144 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 125 ... LastLast