Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 144 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Fellows
    I am really intrigued by 3 Lancers Badge recently listed on ebay.
    What do You think?

ORIG WW2 POLISH 3rd LANCER ITALY MADE REGIMENT BADGE on eBay (end time 01-Aug-10 17:10:31 BST)

The numbers on right side (top and bottom) seems to be strangely stamped with not a lot of details – this may be caused by wearing under the coat, quality of picture etc.
    Rest of the details (back, materials etc) seem to work – but i am not 100 sure.
    I have one in my collection – sourced from the Family of former 3 Lancer - all the detailes are cristal clear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

?

agreed
    something strange about it...and doubt its from normal wear...

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    The numbers on right side (top and bottom) seems to be strangely stamped with not a lot of details – this may be caused by wearing under the coat, quality of picture etc.
    Rest of the details (back, materials etc) seem to work . . .
    I think it is just a poor photograph. Take a look at this picture from the auction. The details in this part of the badge appear clear and sharp. I don’t see any excessive wear here.

On quick glance the badge looks entirely authentic. This is one of the rarer badges, and no doubt there are a lot of eyes on it.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I think many of the badges that have been or are currently being sold by the seller are questionable at best. The 7 Pulk Pancerny that I referenced earlier is clearly a poorly cast copy. It is evident from the reverse photos that there are casting "pits" as well as an improperly stamped maker mark. The "rounded" edges and lack of definition to them is a bad sign. Quite an expensive copy in my opinion.

The 3 Lancer that is currently on offer seems to be okay but impossible to tell from poor photos and without a hands on inspection.

The current Polish Red Cross patch is an outright reproduction. I have photos of an original in my files to compare it to and will post as time permits.

WWII POLISH MILITARY NURSING SERVICE RED CROSS PATCH on eBay (end time 01-Aug-10 20:22:59 BST)

Either way with this seller it is caveat emptor. Lots of nice things but some are dodgy at best.

Quote by GregK View Post
    I think many of the badges that have been or are currently being sold by the seller are questionable at best. The 7 Pulk Pancerny that I referenced earlier is clearly a poorly cast copy. . . with this seller it is caveat emptor. Lots of nice things but some are dodgy at best.
    Agreed. That 7th was most definitely a copy. And it is the first copy like it that I have seen, which is also the case for some of the other copies this seller has listed. Another collector had cleverly quipped while discussing this sellers offerings: “A mix of rare originals and rare copies”

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

[QUOTE=GregK;172324]I think many of the badges that have been or are currently being sold by the seller are questionable at best. The 7 Pulk Pancerny that I referenced earlier is clearly a poorly cast copy. It is evident from the reverse photos that there are casting "pits" as well as an improperly stamped maker mark. The "rounded" edges and lack of definition to them is a bad sign. Quite an expensive copy in my opinion.

Dear Fellows, I was wondering given the quality of the copy whether this could have been made for a servicemen who had lost his original badge ? Does anyone have any ideas as to whom the maker could be? Its not one of Mr Bialkewicz's or a Panasiuk . It looks quite old.

Robert

3mk
    ?

Maybe some kind of a jewler? I agree it isnt Bialkewicz or Panasiuk copy, The copies they make are usally high quality.

Hi guys,
    Could you have a look on this 3 DSK badge:
    POLSKA ODZNAKA Z KOLEKCJI ORYGINA? * SYGNOWANA (1139347499) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

Is it fake or not?

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    Hi guys,
    Could you have a look on this 3 DSK badge:
    POLSKA ODZNAKA Z KOLEKCJI ORYGINA? * SYGNOWANA (1139347499) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

Is it fake or not?
    Hi, It looks genuine to me and the number denotes that it is a very early issue. The earliest badges had numbers.
    Rob

Hello,
    I have seen this helmet on ebay un UK :
    GENUINE WW2 FIBRE RIMMED AIRBORNE HELMET - POLISH BDE on eBay (end time 02-Aug-10 21:06:58 BST)
    I don't know very well the paratroopers' material...
    Ze-Pole

Page 29 of 144 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast