Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 144 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

?

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

There's no question that this is a geniune fibre rim issue helmet ..

BUT, ... all the Polish Fibre rim para helmets I've seen have a "sponged" eagle to the front.
    Even the later pattern helmets have a stenciled eagle ...

Seeing that "camo" paint has been applied (unusual to see on a fibre rim) .. suggests paint has been added.
    The eagle in close up, is hand crafted ....

I personally would pass on this one ...

Gary J.
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

?

Eagle closer ...

(Also bare in mind, that there is an "infamous" helmet "painter" in the Lincolnshire county, who artwork has appeared on quite a few variants of helmets).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Gary,
    Thank you for this interesting point of vue. The eagle seemed strange to me...
    Ze-Pole

Quote by dorava View Post
    agreed
    something strange about it...and doubt its from normal wear...
    Dear Fellows,

The purchaser of this piece obviously thought that there was nothing strange about it and certainly didnt doubt that he was going to get a genuine piece for a killer price despite learned observations to the opposite.

Beats me why anyone who wanted to recreate a Polish para fibre rim helmet would not do some basic research first?

If as Gary has mentioned "... all the Polish Fibre rim para helmets I've seen have a "sponged" eagle to the front. Even the later pattern helmets have a stenciled eagle ..." why hand paint an eagle and not stencil it or sponge it?

Cutting out a stencil is so simple and sponging would be a more authentic recreation! Why totally ruin the intrinsic value of what seems a perfectly genuine fibre rim para helmet with such a clumsy treatment!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

The Eagle might have been painted on some years back ... possibly just after when the film A Bridge too far was released, ... ... and reference material was lacking.

It would have been too easy to assume that all Polish helmet eagles were the same, ... and thus the style might have been lifted and used without further thought, from a photo or exhibit, to cash in on these "unknown Poles" ..

.. Plus of course, a buyer back then would have more than likely taken the sellers word for granted, .. as Polish WW2 exile material was just not sort after ..

Regards

Gary J.

.. But agreed .. a good fibre rim looks to have bitten the dust !

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Hi, It looks genuine to me and the number denotes that it is a very early issue. The earliest badges had numbers.
    Rob
    Thanks for your response, Robert.

Hello!

What do you think about this beret? Does it look genuine to you? You can't see nothing inside it really and the strings does looks different than in this superb thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...-beret-7069-2/

I would appreciate any suggestions and comments. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

?

Looks like a modern copy to me ..

Regards

Gary J.

?

Hello,
    i'm new here and was wondering if someone could help me on this one,WWII or not??
    Thanks
    John
    http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...h/sell/1ba.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...ch/sell/1b.jpg
    Last edited by aalter; 08-31-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: images incorrect

Page 30 of 144 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast