Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 144 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

More pics from the auction. I’ll limit my comments to pointing out that there was quite obviously a badge mounted to this beret at one time with a threaded post and nut. The badge rank insignia shown do not have this type of fastening. Draw your own conclusions . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Very interesting comments, thank you

And do you happen to also know about these medals?

who was issuing them? and what would be difference with bronze and gold?

Sorry for so many questions!!

Stan
    Attached Images Attached Images Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ? 

Greetings fellow forum members. Its not often that a 3DSK uniform pops up. What do you think about this one?
    WW2 POLISH 3 DSK Lieutenant Uniform! 100% ORIGINAL on eBay.ca (item 120689919539 end time 06-Mar-11 16:01:21 EST)

Hello,

Have you seen those docs:

Polish Commando Bn Cross of Merit certificate - eBay (item 270716410598 end time Mar-11-11 11:37:25 PST)

Polish Army in France

What is your opinion?

I don't like Commando doc - a stamp is different from genuin. As I know Franciszek Baner was not awarded with Cross of Valour with Swords!

Rafal

Hi Rafal,

With reference to the Polish Commando Document for sale on Ebay, I have checked through the Chronicles of VI Troop No: 10 (I.A.) Commando, the Independent Commando Company and 2nd Motorised Commando Battalion.

I was only able to find Franciszek Baner listed once when he was awarded the Exemplary Drivers Badge 2nd Class (Blue Background).

It also seems that when the Company landed in Italy in 1943 and right up until Monte Cassino any awards given, there is a list of recipients but once you get to 1945 -1947 any awards other than Foreign Awards they are just listed as Numbers no names.

Andrzejku

Thanks for your searches!
    He rather joined 2nd Motorised Commando Bn in the end of war.
    His only know decorations are The 1939-45 Star and Italy Star.
    Greetings
    Rafal

Hello!

I don't like commando doc, becouse of spelling word 'BRAZOWYM', in 1945 year this word should be written 'BRONZOWYM'.

Best Regards

Hello,
    Same feeling as Michel Mag about another item proposed by the same seller :
    Polish 1 st Arm Division Document - eBay (item 270716407182 end time Mar-11-11 11:33:09 PST)
    I won't try get this document...
    ZP

One can’t be too careful when it comes to documents. With today’s scanners and printers it’s rather easy to crank out fakes. Nonetheless, as a past customer I can vouch for the two or three purchased from him as being authentic.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    Indeed, this seller has proposed good items in auctions ; but this one... I won't try it...
    ZP

Page 41 of 144 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast