Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 144 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

?

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Well, there you go !!!! £1655.00 .... a record for a non-combat wing.

Gary J.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . I apologise for the “white cut-outs” – but – I would like to contribute to making obstacles to counterfeiters who I believe are visiting this forum routinely learning details. . . .
    Wadowicznic, while I understand your reasoning, in my view this approach defeats one of the primary purposes of this forum, which is to educate collectors. The best way to identify a counterfeit is to study the real thing. Once that knowledge is gained the counterfeit is more likely to be identified and someone can be spared a costly mistake.

It is unfortunate that this exercise does assist the criminal in refining their product, but if the lowlifes producing these counterfeits can’t find their information here they will get it elsewhere. I’d like to think that in this never ending battle we are helping sincere collectors avoid the pitfalls of the hobby and keeping the fakers on the run. This can most effectively be accomplished by bringing the genuine articles out into the open and discussing them and the fakes and forcing the counterfeiter to remain one step ahead. The counterfeiter never gets everything perfect – there is always a giveaway. Here we identify those giveaways and expose their products to the market for what they are.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Well, there you go !!!! £1655.00 .... a record for a non-combat wing.

Gary J.
    Amazing closing price! I’m no expert on these badges and suspect that this one was probably genuine. But I couldn't help but notice the absence of the die marks which seems to be a characteristic of the Kirkwood made wings. The badge that just sold is at the top of the following group. As you can see, it has a comparatively smooth flat reverse.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Post Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hey Tony !!

Agreed !! Thats an amzing price for a non-combat wing !! I've always wanted to add a nice WWII Polish paratrooper grouping to the collection but I don't think thats going to happen very soon !!

Interesting note on the die marks as well...

Vic

?

Greetings All,

New non-combat badge with dog tags. Will be interesting to see the price on this one.

POLISH POLAND PARATROOPER GROUP WITH BADGE & MEDALS - eBay (item 200589803911 end time Mar-29-11 11:21:08 PDT)

Mike

?

Greetings,

$1600, not quite the record as per the previous one but still painful. I remember when the combat ones were $500 and the non-combat $350. Polish militaria is getting up there in price.

Mike

?

Greetings All,

here is a new one that seems a little pricey for what is being offered. Comments.....???

POLAND FREE POLISH BATTLE of BRITAIN 303 SQN PILOT RAF on eBay (end time 08-Apr-11 19:29:51 BST)

Mike

Yes, just a little bit pricey to say the least. The seller states: “I cannot vouch that these are his original issued awards” – and the evidence suggests they are not. The Air Force medal is not an original issue (and is missing the second award bar), the Cross of Valour is a middle eastern made variant typically awarded to combatants in the Mediterranean theater, and the Cross of Merit with Swords is suspicious. The missing Virtuti Militari doesn’t help matters either.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Gentlemen do your research.

The reason that paratrooper wing sold for £1655.00 is because the recipient was a "cichociemny" trained SOE agent he just wasn't sent into Poland hence no wreath.

The Rogowski 303 Sqd group is broken, it was sold in 2000 with all the medals and badges direct from the estate and the bloke broke it up. I contacted the auction house and they said they were atleast 2 ID cards, a 306 Sqd badge, a Spinks Virtuti Militari and this clot has broken the group...

Hi to All !

The reason the badge sold for so much was: it belonged to a member of SKG, Samodzielna Kompania Grenadierow, outfit that is not very well known to most, very secret, most if not all members went under assumed names, about 30% of them were deserters from French Foreign Legion, and some deserters/prisoners from Wehrmacht(Poles of course). They were trained for missions in France and Germany, they trained with OSS Jedburgs. Some of the missions that they did are still secret.
    The parachute patki with dark red border was what they wore, Mr Witkowski in his book show a picture of one (belonging to Mr Sunday that writes on this forum), also they were parachute trained by the British, not Polish for secrecy reasons and given polish wings, and formally that formation belonged to MON, they were probably the best (one of the ) trained units in WW2.

Page 43 of 144 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast