Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 47 of 144 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

Default Re: Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hello,
    Here is the account of a polish veteran who speaks about "Caron School" where was the 12th batallion... Again found by André.

BBC - WW2 People's War - Village to Village: From Poland to Britain

"Our HQ was moved to Kinaird House, Larbert outside Falkirk. Our company was stationed in Carron school. We were given new field radios in motorised vans. We went on excercise with the Scottish army for 2 weeks. In a small village square Tellibody? or Tillicoultry? I cannot remember now, I was chatted up by a young Scottish woman. I declined as I dare not leave the radio."

I have so indicated to the owner of this paybook I could not propose it on my blog (only 1rst pol arm div) and I identified it for him and... he was not happy... collectors are strange sometimes...
    ZP

Gentlemen

This badge for the 2 Korpus Służba Warsztatowo-Naprawcza but is it real? I can only find one example to compare it with the Wojciechowski/Sawicki book. The spinner looks correct but different colour but the badge isn't numbered. I believe this to be a fake or copy. Am I correct?

Many thanks

James
    Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Hi James, You are correct. It's a copy - both badge and spinner. Genuine example posted below.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    Seen on belgian eBay :

WORLD WAR II POLISH OFFICERS' JACKET | eBay

I would say that it is a good one...
    What is your feeling ?
    ZP

The item is listed has a jacket belonging to a Major when it should be to a "Chorazy" (Warrant Officer), I have emailed the seller

?

Hello. On one of auction I found the SBSK Tobruk badge. What do you think about it. It is oryginal or copy? Thank you for help. http://img04.allegroimg.pl/photos/or.../55/1878455518

Hi grosz,

First off, there are some deceptive fakes of the Independent Carpathian Rifles Brigade badge floating about the market. I know first hand as one of my first badges purchased was one of these “Tobruks”, and it was a fake

This one’s a tough call. That ‘blob’ on wing visible in the upper left is troubling. Genuine examples typically have a completely flat smooth reverse face. On the other hand, the serial numbering looks good. Any pics available of the obverse?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Hi grosz,

I agree with Tony, this badge looks for me very strange...

That I marked the place of my concerns about the originality...

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Regards
    Seb

p.s have a look here on the 3rd picture the wing shape near the eagle head is very similar to yours hmmm...
    LHG First To Fight • View topic - Odznaka SBSK - "tobrucka"

Polish Commando Group on ebay

Gemtlemen

What do you think of this group?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Looks made up to me

Many thanks

James

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    . . . Looks made up to me
    The 3DSK patch bottom left is a modern fake, so there's some evidence suggesting a cobbled together group. Perhaps Andrzejku will surface and run a check on some of the numbers for us.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 47 of 144 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 ... LastLast