Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Auction of Polish badges and medals

Article about: Hi guys My great uncles medals are coming up for sale and I am selling some of my collection and doubles to raise the money. Have a look: WW2 Polish Navy Group Collection Badges Medal Eagle

Default Auction of Polish badges and medals

Hi guys

My great uncles medals are coming up for sale and I am selling some of my collection and doubles to raise the money.

Have a look:

WW2 Polish Navy Group Collection Badges Medal Eagle Documents Photo | eBay

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Auction of Polish badges and medals

Good luck mate have you contacted the seller and told him they are your uncles yet?
    I see you are in Australia as well... How did they end up on ebay.au? Is someone in the family selling them?

Good luck in buying them, but it is a shame that you have to, rather than just inheriting them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Good Luck ! Powodzenia !

Good Luck Nick, hope it all works out for you!

These Polish Navy items above I am selling, items I bought over the last year.

My greatuncles medals are coming up for sale in the UK, he died in the 80's so I never got a chance to meet him...

To echo the earlier comments, best wishes in recovering these family treasures. All too often such items are sadly of little interest to subsequent generations, so you are certainly deserving of ownership of your great uncle’s decorations.

Hope you don’t mind me asking a few questions. I am curious how you heard about these items coming onto the market? Were they still in the hands of a family member? How did they leave the family? Sorry to be nosey . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hey Tony

A dealer I know told me he was checking if a group was authentic for a local auction and noticed my surname and emailed me. My great uncle never had children and lived alone in the UK whilst most of the family was in Poland. My great grandfather now his militaria is what I have been searching for for years. He died in 1966 I think and his pre-war sword, documents and medals went missing. My dad gave me his photo albums which are great from 1920 to 1939 and even POW shots.

Thanks Nick. It must have been quite the surprise to get the news that a family member’s items were coming on the block. Once again, best wishes in acquiring this lot, and also in finding the items that belonged to your great grandfather. Keep in mind that if you post his name, branch of service and any other details here it could only help in your search.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hey guys

If anyone on the forum wants this grouping I can do it for $650. Its good value. The medal alone cost me $380 in Poland and the eagles are another $340 roughly.