Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic Polish Para Collar Kites?

Article about: C'mon then, can one of the experts gimme their thoughts? Annoyed from this ads?   Proper thing or good/bad repro? Ta muchly

Default Authentic Polish Para Collar Kites?

C'mon then, can one of the experts gimme their thoughts?

Proper thing or good/bad repro?

Ta muchly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic Polish Para Collar Kites?   Authentic Polish Para Collar Kites?  

?

Default Re: Authentic Polish Para Collar Kites?

They look pretty good, ..
    The detail to the parachutists is there ... Boots, belt, rigging lines, .. and there is some oxidation to the one on the right.

Is there any sign of brass showing through the plating ?

Gary J.

Bugger, didn't dig deep enough into my pockets!!!

Someone's just paid more than I can spend at the minute, gutted

Out of interest, how much would a pair fetch normally these days?

?

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what they would fetch !!!

There was a set of 1st patterns on e-bay about a year back, which had the 2nd pattern metal parachutist pushed through them. (In effect, you had 1st and 2nd patterns together ... 1st time I had seen this done !!!).
    They fetched ........... over £350 !!!!!!! which amazed me !!!

I would have normally put a price of up to £100 on the pair, ... BUT !! silly prices seem to rule the day now !!

.. BUT as ever BE Careful !!!! the metal parachutists are being repro'd in Poland for re-enactors .. and they are good copies !!

Gary J.

oh dear, well not being completely convinced, I missed out at about 35 quid, my motto tends to be if i'm not sure, pay what I would for a good repro, saves getting ripped off!!

Didn't see any 1SBS guys at the Arboretum today, was a bit gutted, trying to see if I can get hold of any of them, not many left now is there!!

Some nice badges on show today though, any one else make it?

?

There was about a 10 second news flash item on BBC 24 hour news .... and that was that !!!

Also reported in one of the daily rags that only 6 1SBS vets have made it over for the commemorations in Driel this year ...

Just back from Holland today. I saw only a few Polish Vets. But the Poles were well represented by re-enactors so they are far from forgotten.

Cheers, Ade.