Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Badge Identity

Article about: Hello Group, First off I am new to this forum and started getting into collecting WW2 items, especially German Military Items. I recently found this badge attached to the front of a Spanish

TPK25
    ?

Default Badge Identity

Hello Group,

First off I am new to this forum and started getting into collecting WW2 items, especially German Military Items. I recently found this badge attached to the front of a Spanish helmet from WW2. The badge measures 2 1/2 inches high and 2 inches wide. It is silver in color and has 2 small hooks on the back for attaching to helmets or clothing. I have enclose 2 photos of the badge and was just wondering if someone could help me identify it. Thanks....Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Badge Identity   Badge Identity  

Default Re: Badge Identity

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum!

The badge is actually a Polish cap badge. It appears field made?

I will move your thread to the correct forum now as we have a dedicated Polish section.

Cheers, Ade.

TPK25
    ?

Thanks for the information Ade. I really appreciate it ...

Tom

?

Well, it's a pre-war style ....
    As to authenticity .. I'll leave that down to the field experts !

Gary J.

3mk
    ?

I seen this one on ebay with the Spanish helmet,It was make for reenactors of the Polish Home Army who used German equiptment.Looks like a poor replica or a original field made item.It seems to be cast because the back of the badge is very smooth.Would you like to sell it?
    Thanks

TPK25
    ?

Hi 3mk,
    When I received the badge, in fact it was attached to the front of a Spanish helmet. I carefully removed it so not to damage it. It is a really cool looking item. How much would you be willing to pay? Thanks for replying to the post.
    TPK25

3mk
    ?

$20?
    Thanks

Could this helmet have come from a Pole who fought in the Spanish Civil War (July 1936-April 1939) ??

3mk
    ?

No In the auction it was stated as a Spanish helmet with a eagle added for Home Army reenactment.I think this badge is a fake now
    Regards

Emil