Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The badges / decorations of our dreams !!! (Polish)

Article about: I would like to propose the new activity in our forum – attaching pictures of the items of our dreams. Please let us know what are you dreaming on and we will try to attach pictures of it. Y

Default The badges / decorations of our dreams !!! (Polish)

I would like to propose the new activity in our forum – attaching pictures of the items of our dreams. Please let us know what are you dreaming on and we will try to attach pictures of it. You can also download yourself these pictures if you have such a opportunity.

I hope that this way we will find a lot of high quality pictures of genuine and unique items, which identification is extremely difficult without appropriate knowledge. Taking lack of sufficient documentation of unique items into account it seems to be especially important issue, which maybe helps to become our dreams reality.

May this Christmas bring smiles at your doorstep, joy in your heart and love and togetherness of friends and family in your home! Let your dreams became reality !!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Jacek
    Last edited by Gary J; 01-24-2014 at 02:09 PM.

One of my favourite and most wanted badges of Polish Armed Forces in the West is Warrant Officers Artillery School Badge

Regards,
    Jacek

Very nice badge mate!.....

My dream is to own a Virtuti Militari awarded to a Polish Navy officer or seaman. I only ever herd of one hitting the market a few years back on ebay, it was a posthomous award to a ORP Garland sailor. Other then that a grouping to a Polish submariner, a original Polish Naval ensign(bandera) and to once have a original set of uniforms to a officer, petty officer and seaman.

Quote by JacekMed View Post
    One of my favourite and most wanted badges of Polish Armed Forces in the West is Warrant Officers Artillery School Badge
    And you're not the only one that would welcome one of these to our collections Here's an example that resides in the Sikorski Museum:

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Why this badge is so rare ???

I have seen numbers considerably above 100...

Jacek

Why this badge is so rare ???

I have seen numbers considerably above 100...
    Hi Jacek, I don't know the total production quantity of this badge, but suspect only a few hundred at most. And as you know, a badge produced in these relatvely small batches will invariably be a rarity after 7 decades. Also, being produced during the war years (as opposed to the badges that were produced in the early post war years) also seems to affect survival rates. What is the highest serial number you've seen on this badge? As for me it's nr.90:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

The highest serial numbers I have seen on this badge are: 104 and 120 but I have heard about number close to 150 (I am not sure but it was probably 142).

Regards,
    Jacek

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    And you're not the only one that would welcome one of these to our collections Here's an example that resides in the Sikorski Museum:

Cheers,
    Tony

Warrant Officers Artillery School Badge numbered 86, which was presented above by Tony, was awarded to corporal officer cadet (kapr. podchor.) Zdzisław Kapciuk - a graduate of this school.

Regards,
    Jacek

The highest serial numbers I have seen on this badge are: 104 and 120 but I have heard about number close to 150 (I am not sure but it was probably 142).
    Thanks Jacek. Miniscule production quantities like that easily explain the mystery of why these are never seen on the collector market.

The 16th Armoured Brigade badge is another one that is very seldom seen on the market. Here is number 455 issued to Lt. Col. Antoni Grudzinski (promoted to Col. Jan 1945), and last C.O. of the 10th Armoured Cavalry Brigade. The pictures were obtained some years back when Grudzinski's badges were sold, unfortunately not to me!

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast